WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a smooth bezel on my 103 Sinn103.jpg and would like to switch it to a rotating bezel. I am having a difficult time finding out if this is possible with this particular watch. I've written to Sinn and WatchBuys and am not having any luck. WatchBuys doesn't have a record of this watch in their database so they can't tell me if there is a different bezel that will fit without being able to look up which specific case configuration was used for this build. And I haven't heard back from Sinn.

So....I am wondering if anyone here has tried this and was successful? If so, any info would be immensely helpful.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I have a smooth bezel on my 103 View attachment 4993033 and would like to switch it to a rotating bezel. I am having a difficult time finding out if this is possible with this particular watch. I've written to Sinn and WatchBuys and am not having any luck. WatchBuys doesn't have a record of this watch in their database so they can't tell me if there is a different bezel that will fit without being able to look up which specific case configuration was used for this build. And I haven't heard back from Sinn.

So....I am wondering if anyone here has tried this and was successful? If so, any info would be immensely helpful.
I'm afraid you have to ask for a case middle part replacement (for 103 St) from Sinn to do this. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Hmm, that is a very interesting 103... How old is it and where did you get it? I would say, like mentioned above, the mid ring would be completely different or non-existent to have a smooth, pressed bezel. The rotating bezel requires a grooved inner ring.

The other possibility it that smooth bezel is designed to accommodate the groove that would normally hold a rotating bezel on, but that is unlikely.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I purchased it on TZ from a well respected member back in 2007. Watch dates to pre-2005 or so as far as I know. I have boxes, CD that originally came with it. WB tells me that the midcase could possibly take a rotating bezel, but that they need the original build info. Probably a goose chase at this point, but figured it was worth a try. Hopefully Sinn will have some info about it. That or maybe I'll sell this one and pick up a different 103 or a 256 to get the look I am after.

The Sapphire was an option on this watch and I haven't seen a lot of them - mostly acrylic - which I also like. It has a nice domed shape to it. Although it does wear a bit heavy on the wrist.

Thanks all,

Eli

Hmm, that is a very interesting 103... How old is it and where did you get it? I would say, like mentioned above, the mid ring would be completely different or non-existent to have a smooth, pressed bezel. The rotating bezel requires a grooved inner ring.

The other possibility it that smooth bezel is designed to accommodate the groove that would normally hold a rotating bezel on, but that is unlikely.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Pretty sure that is the acrylic crystal... It has the same dome as the acrylic. It is listed on the Sinn website under the archives. Here: https://www.sinn.de/en/Modell/103_St_Ty.htm

Most likely you would need the inner crystal ring and the bezel. The bezel can be purchased through watchbuys, but there are only a few available. I purchased one a few weeks ago. It is the inner ring that is in question. My guess is, the same ring on the 103st would work as the cases are the same (most likely) and it should be a relatively easy swap.

However, as mentioned, that is a pretty rare watch and probably best left in original condition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts