WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this thread I would like to explain you why we decided to use exclusively an ETERNA movements in our Biatec Watches. There are several main reasons:

1, I don't know why but I have never been a big fan of Japanese movements like Seiko, Miyota or others. Though I know that some are really great without any doubt.
2, I wanted to be a bit "different" from other watch manufacturers since they are mostly using ETA or Miyota movements in their watches.
3, As we all know, long time ago the ETA has declared a supply restrictions of their movements outside the Swatch Group. Therefore I do not think it would be a smart to establish a new watch brand on the supplier who cannot quarantee secure supplies of watch movements now and also for the future.
4, And last but not least is the fact that the Eterna offers briliant modular solution of its revolutionary Caliber 39xx.

Eterna engineers invented Caliber 39 family, from which over 88 different movement versions can be produced.

Base caliber 39 has a kind of "basic module" to which you can add various attachment modules and modify it respectively enriched it with the new features/complications.

Basic modul looks like this:

39xx-WS.jpg

Just add the missing plate/module and you will get a standard hand wound movement.

3914M-WS.jpg

Add another module instead and get an automatic movement.

3914A-WS-hellR__.jpg
Or add a chronograph module and you will get the beautiful chronograph movement.

3927A-schwarz-WS-ohneR.jpg

As you can see, there are almost countless possibilities. 88 at the moment and new are coming. So I like that we can have one watchcase and to use a different movements inside without any big modifications.

Did you know? Eterna has a history of over 150 years and it is also responsible for giving rise to the ETA company!

I trust you will be in line with our decision to use Eterna movements for our watches. I will be glad if you will let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
In this thread I would like to explain you why we decided to use exclusively an ETERNA movements in our Biatec Watches. There are several main reasons:

1, I don't know why but I have never been a big fan of Japanese movements like Seiko, Miyota or others. Though I know that some are really great without any doubt.
2, I wanted to be a bit "different" from other watch manufacturers since they are mostly using ETA or Miyota movements in their watches.
3, As we all know, long time ago the ETA has declared a supply restrictions of their movements outside the Swatch Group. Therefore I do not think it would be a smart to establish a new watch brand on the supplier who cannot quarantee secure supplies of watch movements now and also for the future.
4, And last but not least is the fact that the Eterna offers briliant modular solution of its revolutionary Caliber 39xx.

Eterna engineers invented Caliber 39 family, from which over 88 different movement versions can be produced.

Base caliber 39 has a kind of "basic module" to which you can add various attachment modules and modify it respectively enriched it with the new features/complications.

Basic modul looks like this:

View attachment 9656930

Just add the missing plate/module and you will get a standard hand wound movement.

View attachment 9656938

Add another module instead and get an automatic movement.

View attachment 9656962
Or add a chronograph module and you will get the beautiful chronograph movement.

View attachment 9656970

As you can see, there are almost countless possibilities. 88 at the moment and new are coming. So I like that we can have one watchcase and to use a different movements inside without any big modifications.

Did you know? Eterna has a history of over 150 years and it is also responsible for giving rise to the ETA company!

I trust you will be in line with our decision to use Eterna movements for our watches. I will be glad if you will let me know your thoughts.
The movements look really good. Would like to see some high end quartz though (e.g. Breitling is quite successful with quartz).

What are your plans in terms of 'factory service' or warranty work. Are you employing or outsorcing to watchmakers? Or are you expecting punters will consult with local independent watchmakers?

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Excellent choice to use eterna. Hope to see some great divers and mil type stuff with no date dials. Just my opinion but dates ruin the symmetry of a nice dial unless placed offset.

Reactions: BIATEC

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The movements look really good. Would like to see some high end quartz though (e.g. Breitling is quite successful with quartz).What are your plans in terms of 'factory service' or warranty work. Are you employing or outsorcing to watchmakers? Or are you expecting punters will consult with local independent watchmakers?
I have to say that we do not plan to use any quartz movements in the near future. We have our own watchmaker who can fix almost any watch movement including tourbillons. Of course, as the brand will grow up, we would like to build up an authorized service centers around the world.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally, after long time of waiting, I am thrilled to announce that we have received the first movements from Eterna and they look just great!

They were specially customized for our Biatec Corsair collection. Three spoke propeller design of the rotor pays tribute to the one of the most iconic and legendary US fighters - the F4U Corsair. Beside the rotor, the bridge has perelage decoration. Please let me know your opinion. I am all the ears!

Biatec-corsair-watch-movement-eterna-with-customized-propeller-rotor.jpg

Inspiration:

Vought_F4U_Corsair_Bougainville_1945.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,421 Posts
As a student of aviation, I have admired the F4U for its unique design and aeronautical prowess. And now (as a watch geek), I am impressed with the design of this custom rotor and your nod to the Corsair. Beautiful!

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Looks great! ��

Reactions: BIATEC
1 - 20 of 22 Posts