WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Thank you guys, this movement is real proud of our Corsair collection:

View attachment 10381818
Peter,
You have mentioned you are working on a GMT model and I assume you will still be using the Eterna with some type of modification for GMT function. Do you know if this will be what some refer to as a "true" GMT, where the GMT hand is not slaved to the 12 hour hand? In other words, when you switch time zones one can adjust hour hand independently (not moving minute hand and seconds not hacked) without the 24 hour GMT hand moving. This is much nicer for travel, but most GMT models don't work this way. Two that I am aware of are the Rolex GMT Master II and Omega SMP GMT. I believe the Omega modifies an ETA 2893 to obtain this function, but could be mistaken.

Thanks and sorry if I confused the issue.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
COZ, I am sorry for my late reply. Somehow I missed your last post here.

So about your question. If i understand your request well, you are looking for a movement with the exact Rolex GMT funktion, right ? Honestly our GMT movement (Eterna caliber 3942A) is working in another way. In the second stem position you can adjust the GMT hand without moving the hour hand. In the third position it will be possible to move the hour and minute hand, but the GMT will also move. So I think in your eyes this would be a not true GMT. The advantage of our system is, that the customer is able to adjust also half and quarter timezones, which is very special. This is possible, because the GMT hand is indipendend in order to the hour hand. So there is always advantage and disadvantage in every system.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts