WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after taking an impulse jump on a Debaufre 48mm Nav B Uhr (it looks like this below):

I'm really taking to big and beautiful watches!

The large easy to read dial and the fantastically large watch case really dwarfs everything else I have (except pocket watches).

Are there other big/large watches, other than the Flieger Beobachtung Uhr style ones?

I'm used to wearing 44mm size (now seems a tad small compared to 48mm!)

Be interested to see what you guys wear that is 47mm+.

My only concern about such a large watch is that there is more surface area to scratch or damage...but that's not going to happen!

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Pffft....
That'd just be a mid-size Invicta!
(Nice watch....Congrats!)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
If you can drop 1mm, you may want to check out Glycine. They have a lot of 46mm watches.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
noooooooooo!!

Even 47mm is a 'tad' small lol. My wrists are 7 1/2" - they carry the 48mm with incredible understated sexiness ahem.

The Glycine watch looks rather busy, although if it was large, then that wouldn't present any problem.

I confess I do like smaller cult (lesser known) brands. Especially ones who produce such large watches.

If nothing else comes up, I'm thinking of doing a pocket watch conversion for one of my Milus 47mm or so pocket watches and putting it on my wrist. Just wondering who else wears big watches and what kind of aesthetic they have.

·
Registered
8,903 Posts
love that Size too.!

i used to wear 40 to 44mm Watches but after buying the 46, 47, and 48mms ? everything else smaller than that got sold .

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
love that Size too.!

i used to wear 40 to 44mm Watches but after buying the 46, 47, and 48mms ? everything else smaller than that got sold .

That's scary Tony - I can see myself heading down that way! *horror*

I do have some gorgeous little baby watches - from 33-38mm dial sizes. The 44mm ones are *okay*, but suddenly, at 48mm....perfection.

The smaller watches now seem to be more of a novelty! (not the larger one = novelty!)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Many of Corum's Admiral's Cups are 48. They may cause your knuckles to drag on one side.
That will happen only after the Corums drag my wallet towards one side .... the empty side.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
4 x 47mm...

not quite there at 46.2 mm...

and not mine but at 60mm definitely Big and Beautiful....

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
They should have chains attached to them not straps! :-d

Oh my God, my head - I think it's about to expl

Edit: That was close - head still intact.

I should elaborate on my statement above due to some members seemingly using chains for other practices! These watches should be on chains and kept in a pocket. ;-)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chains?!

Lol. This is not the forum for bondage ;-)

Thanks for the thoughts. Looking at the Panerai examples (I've never been taken by Panerai before, and when I started looking at the prices, it was probably a good thing!),
they seem to have large cases which make up the size.

Compared to the Debaufre - which is mostly 'dial' at 48mm, how big are the actual dials of the Panerai examples?

Someone mentioned that if the lugs protrude beyond the wrists, then it will be too big. Somehow, 48mm just seems to fit purrrfect for me. A 47mm would be just as good though.

Any others?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

Stuhrling Tuskegee Bomber w/ leather strap. 52 mm and I love it.
cottontop

Reactions: jose-CostaRica

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Some fantastic examples. I really like that Stuhrling.

Here's some more I've found:

both at 47mm.....

what could go wrong?! (They're Russian watches after all!)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts