WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
It's peculiar to say the least. Is the 3D model really 12.5mm thick? It looks like it's easily 16mm thick. It looks unwieldy.

I'd also probably suggest tweaking the length of the hands and adding some of that lume to them.

Reactions: Bilelartworks

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nice: another view , my thoughts: have doubts with the font used maybe to simple.. and if all lume at night the inside ring will probable lume too much..
love the ' beeing different'...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's peculiar to say the least. Is the 3D model really 12.5mm thick? It looks like it's easily 16mm thick. It looks unwieldy.

I'd also probably suggest tweaking the length of the hands and adding some of that lume to them.
well 16 mm is too much, indeed unwieldly, but it was intended to be 10mm (min) or 12.5 (max), the camera perspective distortion could have added more thickness to its actual size (some kind of magnifying distortion). but its good that you pointed that out.
The length of the hands i already tweaked its lengths so the minutes hand touches the outer edge of the index while the hours hand touches the inner edge of the index, many watches seems to follow this design, and yes at first i forgot about adding lume to the hands but now im adding it, the next iteration of the concept will fix all those deficiencies.
any other opinions ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice: another view , my thoughts: have doubts with the font used maybe to simple.. and if all lume at night the inside ring will probable lume too much..
love the ' beeing different'...
thanks, yes i noticed that the inside ring reflects too much lume, i will see how that can be fixed.
Fro the font i already changed that to MILITECH font in the latest iteration, ill post an update when i have fixed enough things in the concept.
any other suggestion ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi I would create a sort of crown protector... it sticks out too much and will break easy...
thanks for point that out, i already thought about changing the crown placement and maybe adding a protector as you suggested depending on its position. would suggest a new possition for the crown ? 10-9-8-6 or 12-3-4

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wonder if sandblasting will dull it off enough without ruining the overall look?

Sent from my toaster using Tapatalk
yes i think its feasible, protecting the other areas and applying sandblasting only to the target area... i will see about that.
will the OEM do that whene producing the case ? im still new to the manufacturing process

·
Registered
163 Posts
thanks for point that out, i already thought about changing the crown placement and maybe adding a protector as you suggested depending on its position. would suggest a new possition for the crown ? 10-9-8-6 or 12-3-4
At 12 would be bold.....or use the lug to creat a asymmetric protection.

P.s. where is the lime of the arrows

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes it's my passion, thanks that you like them....
Hope to find someone on this forum to bring me to the next step....

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
can happen anytime, i advise to make more polished renders the way product designers do. this advice is valid for me also, i try to make better renders each time. like using PBR materials and HDRI environement, also increasing the samples in your rendering settings for sharper quality and using denoise if available, it will take more time though but better results. if you get the chance try Keyshot rendering engine, it has a quick setting with astonishing results, im still not using it yet though.
i still use Blender Cycles for now, also i do postproduction in Photoshop.
you renders are good, i can see the design clearly but if you do as i said above it will attract more people and will make people more interested in your concept.

·
Registered
163 Posts
can happen anytime, i advise to make more polished renders the way product designers do. this advice is valid for me also, i try to make better renders each time. like using PBR materials and HDRI environement, also increasing the samples in your rendering settings for sharper quality and using denoise if available, it will take more time though but better results. if you get the chance try Keyshot rendering engine, it has a quick setting with astonishing results, im still not using it yet though.
i still use Blender Cycles for now, also i do postproduction in Photoshop.
you renders are good, i can see the design clearly but if you do as i said above it will attract more people and will make people more interested in your concept.
I use autodesk fusion360 that is great all products are so expensive... In fusion you can print 3D and make 2D technical drawings...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I use autodesk fusion360 that is great all products are so expensive... In fusion you can print 3D and make 2D technical drawings...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
ah i see, its more suited for engineering and makes technical drawing and 3d printing easier. good choice.
i tend to focus on the design area so i use Blender which is free opensource 3D package, not very suited for engineers but can do technical stuff. but i believe it can be tweaked for precision modeling and 3D printing.
what about funding in kickstarter ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TDC-capture.JPG

an update of the concept, the Miyota quartz will be replaced with an automatic movement.
this was a fast render, that explains the grainy noise, i was looking for a quick result not looking for the quality yet, still many things to adjust.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts