WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Beautiful!

Do you know what the gold brown strap looks like? Is it a lot lighter? I have the same watch as you, but with a rose gold coin edge around the face. What color would be the best match? ( I realize it's personal taste to a degree).

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Fabulous watch and strap combination. Looks really amazing.

Does anyone know if Oris are planning to phase out this model, now the 'new' BCPD has been launched? And what about the black dial BCPD?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I don't know if they are phasing out this model for the 2009 model.

I prefer the cathedral hands on the old model to the more modern hands on the newer model.

I believe the new model has a sapphire crystal case on the face. My model has plexiglass, which is easier to scratch.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the nice comments everyone! :thanks

Do you know what the gold brown strap looks like? Is it a lot lighter? I have the same watch as you, but with a rose gold coin edge around the face. What color would be the best match? ( I realize it's personal taste to a degree).
I don't know - haven't seen the gold brown strap. You can consider getting both and alternate between the two, or sell the one you like least. They're fairly inexpensive.

Wow! That's gorgeous - nice vintage feel to the watch. What is the size of the case?
The case is 40mm. It wears *slightly* smaller than my BC3 (which is also 40mm), mainly because the case is so thin.

I believe the new model has a sapphire crystal case on the face. My model has plexiglass, which is easier to scratch.
The new model has a sapphire crystal and a screw-down crown. I've been in doubt between the two models for some time, but eventually chose for this one as I really like the vintage look and feel this watch has, and the plexi crystal is such a defining element for the Big Crown series.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
For me, it was a tough call. I have several vintage watches and felt that the cathedral hands went better on other models. I had no preference regarding the plexi vs. sapphire crystal as I have plenty of both.

In general, the reason I went with the Oris Big Crown Small Second, Pointer Day was the larger size (44mm) and the black dial with the brown strap with really nice deployant looked really superb!

Cheers!

Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts