WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Who's the best

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things have been a bit heavy on Affordables over the last day or two. So let's lighten it up with a poll on which of the Big Four Japanese brands is the best. Define best any way you see fit.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Seiko hands down. Best affordable divers full stop with a great history to go with it......

·
Registered
736 Posts
I own or have owned watches from all of them over the years, and eventually figured out that I was a Citizen guy for various reasons. So, Citizen.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Obviously you can't go wrong with any of them. My watch box says Seiko, but a part of me thinks Citizen because I think Citizen plus Bulova is a tremendous combination that really can't be beat in the affordable realm in terms of both pedigree and innovation.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
All four need to work on their strategies and product lines. These brands all have resources that they aren't using to anywhere near their full potential.

Seiko is the clear winner, though, in the sheer breadth of compelling offerings.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Seiko has the most choices, but I think that Orient has better bang for bucks among automatics. With quartz, Citizen and Casio are in the running. I love my Citizen Nh8350s.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Only ever had Casio and Seiko, not because I dislike the others, just because I've not found watches from them I can't live without. There's one Citizen I would already own if the lugs were 20, not 21...

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Seiko by vertue of the Astron and every Grand Seiko ever made .... I was shooting for best quality and innovation.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Seiko for WIS.

I’m sympathetic to the G-Shock argument, so maybe Casio for non-WIS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
There seems to be a Seiko for everything, so I'd say they have that covered. I would say though that starting with the lower end, Citizens quality far exceeds that of Seiko. I haven't found many Casios that I really dig. I'm not saying they're not good, I'm not into them. Orient does make some nice, well made watches too, but I have to give the edge to Citizen here.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I tried to vote but it says the poll is closed.

My vote would be Seiko based on history and the depth of their catalog and their divers. However, when it comes to quality on their affordable pieces, Citizen is king. Seiko still can’t seem to figure out their QC. Citizen all day on quartz and Casio got the digitals by a mile. Sorry but Orient is a distant 4th no matter how you shake it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts