WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi guys

3 weeks ago I bought the big sister of my little military, the model with a steel strap, caliber 7S36, 42mm diameter

with a small idea in mind :

|> First, I switched the white hands by those of the Fathoms (see my avatar), thicker, silver, it is more in harmony with the dial

|> Then I replaced the steel bracelet with a vintage leather strap

the watch looks completely different, I love it !!!

hope your enjoy too ;-)

(and pardon my english, I'm french) :-s

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,354 Posts
Bonjour! (I think that means "Good day.")

Very nice look! I dig the strap choice. I think it'd look even better if you remove the 5 badge and Sports label, and maybe the white markers.

Overall, handsome watch.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Very nice look! I dig the strap choice. I think it'd look even better if you remove the 5 badge and Sports label, and maybe the white markers.

Overall, handsome watch.
bonjour, salut ;-)

thanks you

I agree with you for the 5 badge and sports label, but too hard for me :-(

·
Registered
171 Posts

Overall, handsome watch.
Bwahaha, I was thinking the exact same thought before I scrolled down and read your post!

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
The mods you made do indeed enhance the SNZG13K1. Well done.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks fantastic, the new hands are subtle but make for a distinct difference. I like the strap too- I nearly got a Flieger style for my SNZG15K1, but chickened out at the last minute as I wasn't sure it would be my style. It really does suit the watch, though.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
That looks fantastic, I have to know, where did you get the strap from?

Thanks,

Buzz

·
Registered
712 Posts
Thanks for the pics, man -- nice mod.
The strap's in plus, the hands in minus. To me. :)
Pics, everything looks better without that sepia-ish thing. :)
Wear it in good health, I hope you do.

PS I was trying hard to find something that would appeal to me on 4R36 (ie added hack & manual winding), but I couldn't. :(

·
Registered
127 Posts
Extremely good looking and yet affordable watch. The mod work is nice as well and gives the watch a bit more sharpness. I have been looking for this watch myself too but it seems that I can't get over the Seiko 5 sports logo and that's the only thing keeping me away from ordering it. I think it would look awesome on black learther band also but the brown leather gives it a vintage look in my opinion.

·
Registered
98 Posts
This is so awesome!!!!!!!! I have the same exact watch and I have a similar strap that I purchased from Stowa.

Could you tell me where you got the FFF hands and how do you replace the hands? I'm afraid to break anything...but if you teach me how then I'm going to do the exact same thing to my watch.

Much appreciated!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts