WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all, hoping for some advice!
For 30 years I've been a big fan of the cheap little Casio Runners' watches; great for surfing and traveling. Unfortunately, as I get older I can no longer easily read the numbers nor hear the alarm ring, due to advancing geezerdom. :>) So I'm looking for a fairly small, light, (that won't go "clonk, clonk, clonk..." with every stroke I paddle) men's digital watch that has a big numerical display. All I really need to see when in the water is the time; hours & minutes. On land with my glasses on, I have no problem reading the other more detailed info.
The alarms on the new Casios seem to be much higher-frequency and quieter then my older ones. I've almost slept through a few airplane departures as well as dawn patrols because of that! Something as loud and mid-frequency as the old Casios would work fine for me.
Beyond that, those old Casio Runners had some other nice, though non-essential features; Dual watch modes, one of which I'd leave on "Home" time when I traveled abroad, timers, and waterproof to 50 meters, which is plenty for surfing.
Any suggestions? Thanks for your time and expertise!
Cheers,
Rick Novak.

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,282 Posts
due to advancing geezerdom. :>)
ha..I like that. I suffer from the same affliction!

Anyway, welcome to the forum.
I'm not really up with digitals but after reading your post the Tissot Sea Touch came to mind. It's ana-digi and has all the functions you would need but might be a bit bigger than you prefer. I don't know how loud the alarm is, but maybe you could check it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts