WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

Registered
I've noticed most of the recent discussions on this forum have been about 36mm watches. There is definitely a trend toward the smaller end. When I first bought my flieger I was disappointed and really regretted the 40mm size as being too small for me. I got it because there was no attainable larger option with a central seconds hand. Since that time, however, my tastes have changed enough where it is the largest watch that I currently own other than a G-Shock. The size is absolutely perfect for my 7" wrist.
I think it is important to remember that this forum represents a tiny percentage of the entire watch market. It sometimes gets hard to remember that when you spend a lot of time on a niche forum, talking about a niche hobby, with insanely picky people.

You see where the problem could lie? 馃槄

Registered
The question is whether the trend towards the smaller size is occurring naturally, or the watch manufacturers' marketing departments looked at the global demographics and concluded the most middle and upper-middle-class population growth is happening in Asia, where the average wrist is a bit smaller. Luckily, there are so many watches being produced.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Maybe with the new merger/sale, we'll see some new sizes.

Registered
I think they have a great selection of sizes. If anything slightly on the large side imo. Also Schauer watches tend to be bigger.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I think they have a great selection of sizes. If anything slightly on the large side imo. Also Schauer watches tend to be bigger.
Like I said I'm not going for some bling or Flava Flav look but I like most of my watches if not all of them to be a minimum of 42 mm, especially chronographs.

Registered
The Partitio actually doesn't wear that small. I'm an 8" flat wrist and it wears quite nicely. It is small compared to a 40mm+ but might be worth a shot to try it.
View attachment 15973821
That鈥檚 good to know, and makes sense. I have the Antea 390 and it seems to wear as big as my Sinn 104, I guess because the Antea all dial. I like the Partitio and may give it a go.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts