WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one thing that really annoys me is how little specs of dust and other things get on the watch face and band. It's impossible to keep it clean. Is this a g-shock thing because of the pronounced features? Or does this happen no mater what the watch. Or does anyone have any tips to combat this.

Jason

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
It would happen with any watch, I guess it's easier seen on G's maybe because of all the resin on most of them. Nothing you can do apart from regular cleaning really.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,310 Posts
Dust Off (canned air) works well to remove loose dust on my watches.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I can only imagine what would happen if you saw my daughter clawing at my watch on my wrist, smearing the crystal, or better yet sliming it as she tries to eat it....LOL

·
Registered
36,322 Posts
The one thing that really annoys me is how little specs of dust and other things get on the watch face and band. It's impossible to keep it clean. Is this a g-shock thing because of the pronounced features? Or does this happen no mater what the watch. Or does anyone have any tips to combat this.

Jason
Jason, dude, get a grip! If this is your biggest watch issue, you have no issues. Relax and enjoy your watch.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yankeexpress don't know what to tell you it still drives me nuts. Must be a little OCD. I still enjoy the watches I have just wish they would repel dust a little better haha.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,905 Posts
It happens with other watches not just G's.
I bought a Seiko with a tiny spec of lume that had found itself under the crystal, took it down to the Seiko boutique and he fixed it in 5 minutes for no cost under the 1 year international warranty, its not a hard thing to fix.
Ive seem pictures of Rolex and Omegas with dust specs from the factory so it happens on 5k+ watches too.
Maybe some even leave the factory fine and in transit a tiny spec of lume or dust will move from a hard to see area onto the crystal, but as i said its an easy fix.
cheers

EDIT, just reread the OP and realised your not talking about dust under the crystal, just dust on the actual watch...............that will do me.... lol
Any change you might have a touch of OCD?
No offence, weve all got some type of baggage, ;)
Wear the hell out of it, you and the watch will be a pile of dust one day, we all will be, youll have plenty of time to worry about dust then ;)
Just wash it under the tap and youll be sweet.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I was going to say....if dust on top bugs you, wait till you see it beneath the crystal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dust Off (canned air) works well to remove loose dust on my watches.
LOL. I keep a micro fibre cloth in my Jeep to deal with unwanted finger prints and dust on my watches. My wife rolls her eyes whenever it emerges from the glovebox. I would love to see her face if I pulled out a can of compressed air! :)

The two Chihuahuas would probably head to the back of the car in double time, too. :-d

·
Registered
547 Posts
Interestingly I note that when I first peel off the sticker off the watch crystal, for the first few weeks, there is very little dust. After a while dust regularly accumulates very easily on it. It's the same with Rolex, Tudor, omega, jlc, seiko or pretty much any sapphire crystal regardless the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Interestingly I note that when I first peel off the sticker off the watch crystal, for the first few weeks, there is very little dust. After a while dust regularly accumulates very easily on it. It's the same with Rolex, Tudor, omega, jlc, seiko or pretty much any sapphire crystal regardless the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a 9400 and the problem is the recessed nature of the crystal. I maybe need to keep an old tooth brush with me to compliment the microfibre cloth. :)

·
Registered
983 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's a good point, the black strap and bezel colour does not help things. Also the recessed nature of the crystal doesn't as well. Oh well I guess there is not much you can do about it. Except obsessively keep cleaning it ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts