WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was always against the idea of wearing a smart watch (personally), but with the new improvements - namely waterproofing - I bit the bullet on an Apple Watch Series 2 - Stainless Steel, Black.

I'm a swimmer and love fitness, so I thought this new watch would be for me.

I will never abandon my traditional timepieces and only see the Apple Watch being worn for a full day once or twice a week. But it will be nice to throw it on for a workout/swim/etc during the day! (And to have something new to throw into the mix/rotation). I feel there's a time and place for every watch (no pun intended)...

Any other 'traditionalists' using the apple watch as a dedicated 'work out' tool and not as an actual daily 'replacement'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chibatastic

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
23,793 Posts
Any other 'traditionalists' using the apple watch as a dedicated 'work out' tool and not as an actual daily 'replacement'?
I recently started a job where I can't wear a smartwatch due to security restrictions (never mind a cell phone, either). I started thinking that I'd mostly wear my traditional watches and use my AW just for working out and driving directions.

Well, it turns out that I'm being given a lot of leeway for teleworking, so I'll probably go into the office just two or three times a week. So, while I'm at home, I end up putting my regular watches on the cabinet, and my AW has resumed its usual duties, which are quite varied.

I had thought of getting a really nice new watch to celebrate my new career. I'm not sure how often I'd wear it, though.

·
Registered
12,446 Posts
I purchased my Apple Watch Series 2 Nike+ primarily to track my Running.

It will not replace my traditional Watches, but I have worn it on a couple of non-Running occasions, and have rather enjoyed it.

Reactions: SaMaster14
1 - 7 of 7 Posts