WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First time, long time lurker....

I've been into to Seiko watches since I was a kid (I'm in my early 40s now). The square Sports 100 (8229-500B) on the end was my father's watch. Based of the s/n I believe it's from '79.

I didn't buy my own Seiko till I picked up the SNM033 (Black Samurai) in 2004. Ive deployed, dove, rode, and everything else with that watch till 2011, when it got that ghastly scratch on the crystal.

Between 2011 till earlier this year, I've worn several of my Dad's old Citizens, a cool Luminox (8300 Seal Diver/Chrono), a Marathon TSAR (got it from another Marine, who was issued it! I don't love it though because it's quartz), and gift watches (first-gen Citizen Eco-Drive titanium, and some "fashion" watches).

Desiring another mechanical, I picked up the SNK803 (from Amazon during one of those wacky sale days for $39.99!) and put it on a chocolate 18mm Barton quick release. I think the SNK is a great watch and much more water resistant/durable than most think. I've showered and sweated on it profusely and it hasn't showed any issues.

After the SNK, I've gone a bit crazy. The SBH069 (H601-8020) was picked up locally via LetGo for $40!!! It's in great shape, minor blemishes on the crystal, and having the original band is great. Having this fine example of the other Arnie/post Arnie (when I put it on NATO or diver strap) has sated my desire for a real H558 Arnie!

The SNK369 (Speed Racer) was also picked up on LetGo. Got it for $20 with a chip through the crystal. I've since replaced the crystal twice (broke the first one), got the crystal/case back press, silicone grease, and other stuff that makes this $20 watch a regular SNK priced watch. It's been fun though, and the risk was low. Breaking it down, polishing it, and fixing the crystal has been fun.

The digital (A914-5A09) was a must have eBay find for $26. I wanted to get one of the Bond models, but just couldn't justify the cost.

The SKXs had to be purchased...In order to save my Samurai, I had to have them. The Pepsi on the stock jubilee goes well with everything and the 007 is about to be modded out. Plan is to get it cerakoted up, throw it on a NATO strap, and call it a day. Will post pics when completed.

So, I think I'm good for now, but I'm on the hunt for a nice 7T34 or older chrono.

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
Welcome! Nice collection.

I've been buying old Seiko chronographs lately but I can stop whenever I want. I don't have a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts