WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in this forum sometime ago where member pjc3 said he couldn't get the perfect fit with his Black Abmit strap and swapped it with a Silver strap.
I have the same problem & decided to follow pjc3 & ordered the Silver strap online. Now my Ambit fits much better.
As pjc3 said, the silver triangle is a bonus!

20121212_180647-1.jpg

·
Registered
309 Posts
I also ordered the silver strap. Looking forward to it's delivery this week and I hope I get a similar result as you! Looks good!

·
Registered
672 Posts
My strap is a little loose, the opposite side to the GPS. Any suggestions on what tool I need to tighten it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Couple of days ago on suunto site: The right tool to tighten the Ambit strap screws is a torx driver size T6. The strap should be firmly attached to the watch casing, the screws can be tighten up to the point where the strap doesn´t move at all.
My strap is a little loose, the opposite side to the GPS. Any suggestions on what tool I need to tighten it?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ditto. Previously either a little too loose or a little too tight. Now a perfect fit. The silver strap also looks a tad better IMO.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Just to confirm also. I bought the silver strap as the original was just not quite right. Now perfect fit. As my running/hiking mate now also has a black Ambit, we won't get them mixed up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Also got the silver strap after reading this thread. It sure does fit inbetween the holes on the black one. Nevertheless I found that my black strap now fits perfectly after wearing it too tight for a couple of days. Great to have a spare strap though, and also spare screws and nuts.

Just wish the silver strap had a black buckle. Love the silver metal triangle though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've also ordered one, the standard black strap is (imo) horrible...

Doubt I'll get it until next year now though, as I ordered it yesterday :(

·
Registered
42 Posts
Scratch that, according to DHL it left Belgium yesterday and is in the UK already!! I may actually have it on Monday! :D

ETA: Scratch Monday... DHL dropped it off this morning!! Sunday delivery is almost unheard of, especially since I only paid for regular shipping! Top marks Suunto (and DHL!)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just a little warning when changing straps on the ambit: If you tighten the screws too hard, the nut will "carve" into its slot in the watch casing. In my case this has caused one of the slots to expand in size so that the nut starts rotating when the screw reaches the first thread. Practically this means it's difficult to tighten the screw sufficiently. When attaching a strap, I have bend away the strap and insert a small flathead screwdriver in the nut slot to keep the nut from rotating while tightening the screw. It works, but would really not have to do it this way. Lesson to learn: don't overtighten the screws!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Swapped in my favourite Ambit Silver strap onto the Sapphire. The Silver Suunto Triangle matches well!
View attachment 1072835

Pjc3, is the spacing between the "holes" on the Ambit Silver strap different than the band that comes on the Ambit2 Sapphire? I was looking to make this swap if I had purchased the Ambit1 black because that strap is too tight or too lose on my wrist. Not sure if the Ambit2 Sapphire strap would do the same out of the box.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Pjc3, is the spacing between the "holes" on the Ambit Silver strap different than the band that comes on the Ambit2 Sapphire? I was looking to make this swap if I had purchased the Ambit1 black because that strap is too tight or too lose on my wrist. Not sure if the Ambit2 Sapphire strap would do the same out of the box.

Thanks.
The straps are interchangeable. The Sapphire strap fits just slightly snugger than silver BUT Sapphire strap has more adjustment slots and should suit most. The Sapphire strap is definitely lower profile and hence why the Ambit2 (& S probably) sit better on the wrist. Despite the good match I will probably swap back to the original strap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts