WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Im new to the forum and have just bought myself a BB58 in black.

This is my first luxury watch and I've noticed that the end links are not tight onto the case and move around when I move my wrist to check the time. the tapping is audible.

Is this ok/right/wrong for a watch on bracelet?

Any help is really appreciated!

Thanks

D

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
I don't believe it's normal, based on the BB58s I've handled, could you share some pictures?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a video but its .mov and it seems as though that isnt allowed. how can I upload one? im on a mac

·
Registered
40 Posts
Both my BB58 Blue and Black which were purchased in the last couple of months have a little bit of play in the end links. I was actually surprised by this as well, since I used to own a BB58 which I don't remember as having that issue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
have/ are you fixing it?
I'm not really sure what I could do? I suppose I could go to my AD, but they're most likely to say I'm out of luck.

As it happens, I wear the watch less on the bracelet nowadays, and favour NATOs. That neatly sidesteps the problem, but I'd be lying if this didn't bother me a tiny bit.

·
Registered
781 Posts
My buddy had this issue with his hulk... they somehow adjusted his by changing the spring bar. It improved, but was not perfect.

·
Registered
338 Posts
First of all, good choice! It was my first real watch as well! For the problem, it is definitely not normal, take it back to the AD or contact the seller and they should sort it out. Don't let this turn you away from the watch though, it is so extremely beautiful!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just recently bought my bb58 too. I have not noticed this issue, but I honestly wasn't looking for it. I will check mine later and get back to you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just recently bought my bb58 too. I have not noticed this issue, but I honestly wasn't looking for it. I will check mine later and get back to you.
Much appreciated! I'm not beginning to think this isn't normal after all, and will get in touch with the AD that sold me the watch.

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
Dead link - at least for me. Why not just upload to Youtube?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Perhaps incorrect spring bars? When it is fitted with a nonstandard springbar that is slimmer than the one it should have it causes the endlink to have a fit that is not as tight. I have noticed this with Omega springbars as well, which are a bit thicker than most standard springbars. Replacing them with a slimmer springbar causes play in the bracelet on several of their models.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Perhaps incorrect spring bars? When it is fitted with a nonstandard springbar that is slimmer than the one it should have it causes the endlink to have a fit that is not as tight. I have noticed this with Omega springbars as well, which are a bit thicker than most standard springbars. Replacing them with a slimmer springbar causes play in the bracelet on several of their models.
I have noticed this in the past myself on another watch I’ve owned, but I’ve not changed the springbars on these since I got the watch so they should be OEM spring bars.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts