WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got here and i snapped a few pics before sizing it!!! Its true its even better in person... the colors are incredible and the red is NOT clownish red at all as I was fearing....SWEET!!!

So a few impressions after wearing a few hours:
Every bit of Rolex quality, fit and finish
The watch looks significantly better and different in person as you can't capture the hints of gold and brown, detail in dial, polished and matte surfaces..... it looks like a million bucks
The clasp actually is even IMO better than on the explrer2 GMT, beefier and better looking to me..
The large crown is a joy to operate, buttery smooth and big and easy to turn
The packaging blows the Rolex packaging away, much nicer
The size of 41mm really is perfect for me although I was nervous it would feel small... it doesn't..
Haven't tried the NATO as I sized it and left for a hotel for the night due to work in the am , looks like a cool NATO..
The domed crystal looks amazing in person, very vintage feel to that... adds a glint of sparkle when looking at the watch
The red is far more refined and complex than I was afraid it would be (totally glad)....I was thinking clown red......no way......
The bracelet is very very smooth and comfy, typical Rolex.....
Can't believe how much I like the no date..... my watches always run dead since I don't have a wonder and this was refreshing to set the time without dealing with the date.... pretty cool.....
The dominant colors I get in person coming off this thing is silver, burgundy, deep brown, black and aged gold....... its a lethal combo...

Bezel has super smooth action and very sturdy with less than 0 play.... wow..
The bracelet tapers but not as much as my explorer2 GMT so it feels beefier.....
Now I need a killer vintage distressed leather brown strap for this paying homage to the OEM one but tweaked......

·
Registered
905 Posts
Very nice. Had mine since Dec , could only get the leather but really like the look of the bracelet .
Enjoy

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
636 Posts
wearing mine as i type this.. big congrats. have you seen how they make that nato strap for the black bay and heritage chronos on the TUDOR website. Those straps are works of art IMHO.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
That's an attractive looking diver. The vintage look is a great change of pace. Congrats on your new Black Bay!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Beautiful! That red/gold combo is very attractive indeed. Size looks like wears bigger than 41mm would suggest. I don't think you should go any bigger, as it is it's perfect.
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
You will notice a third red spot when the dia is exposed to sunlight. The reflection of the sun rays on the hands washers gives a rubylike glint, I don't know if it's by design or luck but it's a nice touch.

The BB is great to wear also on the cloth strap, albeit its a lint catcher.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Great choice. I think Rolex are letting their hair down at bit with the new Tudors and are hitting the mark. Bet this develops it's own little cult following in 20 years. Enjoy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats on the watch. Your pics look amazing.

Even now after all this time, I still get great pleasure every time I look at the luxurious watch face with the 18k gold on the hands and matt surface. Can't stop admiring it.

Thinking about whether to get a leather strap just to change things up but kinda put off by showing the empty spaces without the lugs.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im already looking for leather straps as I also bought the custom aftermarket end links to use with a strap!!

Congrats on the watch. Your pics look amazing.

Even now after all this time, I still get great pleasure every time I look at the luxurious watch face with the 18k gold on the hands and matt surface. Can't stop admiring it.

Thinking about whether to get a leather strap just to change things up but kinda put off by showing the empty spaces without the lugs.

·
Registered
27,204 Posts
Love this watch, tried one on AT&T local dealer and it emits a perfect blend of vintage charm and updated features. Like you mentioned, great size too.

Congratulations!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts