WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Very tough time deciding between red bezel or black bezel. This will be a watch that I will be wearing daily. Is the red bezel just too much for an everyday watch? My other notable diver watches like my Seamaster, Hydroconquest, Marine Master, Aquaracer Chrono are all black. I am under the impression that the Black Bay with the red bezel is the iconic variation, am I correct? This Black Bay will be the one I wear on most days.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Have you seen them in person? The red is not nearly as bright as it tends to look in pictures, so if you're worried about it being too flashy, it probably isn't. Since all your other watches are black, I'd suggest going for the red.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Have you seen them in person? The red is not nearly as bright as it tends to look in pictures, so if you're worried about it being too flashy, it probably isn't. Since all your other watches are black, I'd suggest going for the red.
Totally agree. I think the BB Red is very versatile and can go with most attire and most occasions.

BlackBays_2.jpg

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
as svorkoetter notes the red is not very bright. To me it's more of a burgundy, and it does show well in all situations.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
I love the red. If I'm honest I think the black looks to much like a Rolex sub- the red differentiates it a bit better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
I think MrB above gave a nice pic demo above. I have had a few black bezel's so the Burgundy was the one for me... As mentioned it is different, but subtle. I have mixed it up a bit from the strap standpoint. The bracelet is pretty high quality in my opinion. I also have a black fabric "nato" from Tudor. Looking for a leather strap next- possibly in a red hue... The watch wears well across the board. A nice little "pop" but not too much.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I believe that the Red bezel came out first, followed by the Blue, and the Black more recently. That may be why the Red seems more "iconic" for the model. I agree that the black bezel looks more (vintage) Sub like, but that doesn't seem to me a bad thing. Tudor has as legitimate a "Sub" provenance as Rolex does, even used the same model name.

In the metal the Red bezel reads a bit more like burgundy, as noted above. The one thing I would note is that the gilt dial, which I much prefer, looks better with the Black than Red bezel, IMO.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I vote blue! ;-) With the rest of your collection the Red would be a good choice. As I've said before, black is black. Like 90% of all watches. The Blue and the Red make a nice, but subtle, statement.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Very tough time deciding between red bezel or black bezel. This will be a watch that I will be wearing daily. Is the red bezel just too much for an everyday watch? My other notable diver watches like my Seamaster, Hydroconquest, Marine Master, Aquaracer Chrono are all black. I am under the impression that the Black Bay with the red bezel is the iconic variation, am I correct? This Black Bay will be the one I wear on most days.
Well the Red is pretty iconic, because was launched in 2012. But the black is fairly iconic too, as the original one had a black bezel. But you mustn't discount the iconicness of the blue, as there was also a blue Tudur Submariner and plenty of Submariners made since the 1960s with silver/white-colour dial printing and silver polished hands; all of which gives the blue a place on the icon-o-meter.

The best thing to do, though is pick which one you like more than the others. I find that works for most product-purchase situations.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I vote red, I have the red and it's not as bright as the others have stated. I'm not a flashy blingy guy, I feel like the red is classy looking yet different enough to differentiate itself from any other standard black bezel watch.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts