WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have you being caught btw which colour explore to getr? Black or White? :think: how did you decide?:thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
even though black is so over used in many other models....theres a reason why...it looks sooo GOOOD!!! BLK ALL THE WAY. but i'de still complement you on a WHT EXP.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just to add...I like the white dial!!o|o|

It's all personal preference....Try 'em both to see what sings the most!! Tough choice though,your right!!
Good luck:-!

·
Registered
103 Posts
White is right!!

Clean, subtle, dress up/dress down, etc.

The red hand really pops on the white dial... The black markers and hands play nicely with the black numerals in the bezel.

The white dial balances better with the steel bezel (black looks crowded and small).....

In the end, though, it's what YOU prefer....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well.......In an effort to settle this debate once and for all........my drunk fish is bigger than your drunk fly, and since might makes right, I guess the white dial really IS the better option?? :-! :-d ;-)

·
4,391 Posts
I tried them both on before I bought...

I had fully expected to buy a white dial 16570. But just to be sure I went down to my local AD to try on the white dial, and boom! It happened... nothing... I just wasn't feeling it. On my wrist it looked bland, and boring, and even kinda Seiko 5-ish. The black dial was a different story, and the rest is history.

What is odd though, is that in photos as opposed to being on my wrist, I love the look of a white dial Ex II a lot. :think:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Re: I tried them both on before I bought...

Snow White for me - simply because I "need" a white dial Rolex.....

However, I think the black dial is super sexy and it is the ultimate stealth Rolex ;-)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello:

The way I figure it is you need a watch with a white dial and a watch with a black dial.

With that said,I bought the Explorer ll,in white,and the for the latter it was a no brainer,Submariner all the way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello:

The way I figure it is you need a watch with a white dial and a watch with a black dial.

With that said,I bought the Explorer ll,in white,and the for the latter it was a no brainer,Submariner all the way.
I don't yet own a Rolex, but this is exactly what I'm thinking. I like the white explorer better.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts