WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What dial colour would you prefer for the MUT SS?

• Silver / White

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Blue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black / Grey

Votes: 8 61.5%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Does anyone know if JLC have ever offered a Master Ultra Thin Small Second (40mm) with black (or dark grey) dial?

If not, any speculation as to why not? Do they think it wouldn't sell?

Something like this:

1053292.jpg

But with a dial colour something like this:

1061402.jpg

·
Registered
12,286 Posts
Good question!

I don’t think that they do that model with a Black Dial.

Don’t know why but I personally think that it would sell reasonably well.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks folks.

Yes, I agree they seem not to sell one currently.
My question was meant to include whether they have ever sold one?
Would it be something that you might find coming up on second hand market?

And yes I agree the indices really do shine against the dark background on the MUT moon...

A puzzle to me, why they don't offer this. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Your version seems like it would read even better than the current as it is. I've only seen the MUT Moon dark dial myself.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi.

I found some information on this and thought I'd share in case anyone else is looking for similar.

It appears there has been a Master Ultra Thin Small Seconds in black on sale in the past (not sure why or when it was discontinued)
Reference 1358470

jaeger-lecoultre-master-grande-ultra-thin-q1358470-31.jpg

I enquired with JLC and they advised it was no longer in production.

They advised looking at the Moon/Date as an alternative, but also intriguingly said to watch out for new releases later in the year...

Maybe they were referring to general new releases next year?.... or maybe there are some interesting MUT releases due?... or maybe a black dialled MUT SS? :)

What a tease!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi.

I found some information on this and thought I'd share in case anyone else is looking for similar.

It appears there has been a Master Ultra Thin Small Seconds in black on sale in the past (not sure why or when it was discontinued)
Reference 1358470

View attachment 14982945

I enquired with JLC and they advised it was no longer in production.

They advised looking at the Moon/Date as an alternative, but also intriguingly said to watch out for new releases later in the year...

Maybe they were referring to general new releases next year?.... or maybe there are some interesting MUT releases due?... or maybe a black dialled MUT SS? :)

What a tease!
Is this also ~40mm, or is this the ~37mm? I know there's a bunch of slightly older JLC (just one generation ago) which looks exactly the same / very similar to modern iterations, but were made in 37mm

If it were 40mm in black that would be interesting!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is this also ~40mm, or is this the ~37mm? I know there's a bunch of slightly older JLC (just one generation ago) which looks exactly the same / very similar to modern iterations, but were made in 37mm
If it were 40mm in black that would be interesting!
The 1358470 appears to be 40mm which is my preferred size due to my largish wrists :)

I'm keeping a look out used, but also the later release comment has me intrigued...

·
Registered
120 Posts
The 1358470 appears to be 40mm which is my preferred size due to my largish wrists :)

I'm keeping a look out used, but also the later release comment has me intrigued...
I think a 40mm JLC dress watch is unlikely to overwhelm even smallish wrists, so I'm sure you'll be fine :) But of course I understand the want for an understated look, so sounds like you have the perfect size!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts