WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into getting a Stowa MO but couldnt decide between the white and black dial. I almost ordered the white one because of the blued hands until I found this picture of a black dial blued hands MO. Does anyone have any info on this model?

Stowa MO.jpg

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
2010 Customized MO for member Jean-Patrick. Do a search here, there must be a thread on this special MO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I had seen that thread before but I couldn't find it again. So Stowa takes custom orders? Or was that a one time deal. I would really like to get this version. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have asked before, but mine was Antea KS, and the customer service said

"The watch is with black dial and you can not see the blued hands....."

so i can't get it and finally get the original one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have asked before, but mine was Antea KS, and the customer service said

"The watch is with black dial and you can not see the blued hands....."

so i can't get it and finally get the original one.
I spoke with Stowa customer service and they told me the same thing. I told her that I didnt mind that since I had other watches with black hands and dials. She said she would check with Mr. Schauer but I had to wait a week since he is at Basel. Im still hopeful that they will be able to do it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
When I first saw this thread my initial thought was that this was a very cool idea. Stowa is right though. There will be big time legibility issues. Blued hands appear black most of the time so legibility won't be good. For the few times a day that they actually appear blue they will look cool but for the rest of the time the watch will look like it has a dial without hands. Also the hands have no lume so forget about knowing what time it is at night or under low light conditions. I guess if it floats your boat then go for it. Worst that can happen is the watch makes a return trip to Stowa to install white hands.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts