WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new (to me) Black Helios Frogman and set the time this morning. It lost 7 seconds within a three hour time span. Is it time to experiment with the adjustment setting, new battery (although the indicator shows a full charge), or ? It is my first G-Shock and I was expecting somewhat better timekeeping with it. Thanks in advance---->Scott

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
This doesn't sound good. I'm not sure we've ever had a report of inaccuracy of this kind.

If you've only just received it, I'd be tempted to monitor it over several days before trying to adjust it.

What a disappointment for you... :-(

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
First thing I'd do is recheck.... making sure of your methods.... there is no way it should loose 7 seconds in a week, let alone 3 hours.

Something is wrong that should be able to be corrected.

keep us informed and we'll help all we can....
OK.. I'll help all I can.....

-Gawain

I just got a new (to me) Black Helios Frogman and set the time this morning. It lost 7 seconds within a three hour time span. Is it time to experiment with the adjustment setting, new battery (although the indicator shows a full charge), or ? It is my first G-Shock and I was expecting somewhat better timekeeping with it. Thanks in advance---->Scott

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I set it using Time.gov & have rechecked it a few times this afternoon. It is still approx. 6 to just about 7 seconds slow. I'll monitor it a day or so & see what happens. I can try doing my own adjustments or contact Casio. I'd hate sending it to someone & be w/o my watch for a long time as this Frogman is currently my only watch.... I appreciate the input so far. Thank you gents!

First thing I'd do is recheck.... making sure of your methods.... there is no way it should loose 7 seconds in a week, let alone 3 hours.

Something is wrong that should be able to be corrected.

keep us informed and we'll help all we can....
OK.. I'll help all I can.....

-Gawain

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,555 Posts
Hi Island Cop,

The accuracy of a Frogman should be less than 15 seconds a month! How good is it charged? Is the battery not almost empty? If not, it looks someone has been playing with the module. It sounds like a bummer for you.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may have spoken too soon. The Helios is now keeping time to within 1 to 2 seconds.... I likey....:-!

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
About a week. It has slowly caught up to the correct time in that time period & hasn't lost any time. It seems to have stablized the last couple of days.
great, 1-2 seconds per week is pretty normal. it should also rather gain than lose time, at least none of my G's lose time. right now a few are a bit on the fast side, but I will regulate them when this month is over (just to see how much precisely they gained in 30 days)

regards, holger

1 - 9 of 9 Posts