Reactions: Brent L. Miller

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
If both on bracelet the answer is blue.
If that black and white is on black rubber strap, then black.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I would say blue if, and only IF, they'd bothered to put blue hands on it (or at the very least, silver hands). Else, the black looks better.

That said, personally I prefer blue or black dial to either one of the white dial versions.

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
Blue. Tried it on the other day and was blown away, had to ask the SA to get it away from me, just the Speedy for the day.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
I would say blue if, and only IF, they'd bothered to put blue hands on it (or at the very least, silver hands). Else, the black looks better.

That said, personally I prefer blue or black dial to either one of the white dial versions.
I believe the blue does have blue hands. Just hard to see in that particular video. Google Tokyo Seamaster and it shows blue hands.

Reactions: Bird-Dog

·
Premium Member
8,441 Posts
Thanks for doing the comparison, Brad. Tough choice between the two. However, the black and white would be my preference over the long run.

·
Registered
948 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Blue is the new black. Especially with these liquidmetal dials. Mine looks grey/black in low light and then navy blue outside. I like white dials too but sometimes, the hands just blend in ...dark dials always fare well with polished hands for legibility. Another reason why real divers always have black dials so it's more legible in low light/underwater.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts