WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I picked up a GW-M5610BB-1ER the other day, asked about in this thread:

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/gw-m5610bb-1er-pickup-query.5212622/&share_tid=5212622&share_fid=13788&share_type=t&link_source=app

I mentioned that the resins were a bit beat up and had ordered the matte orange set for the 5610MR-4 from Tiktox.

It arrived this morning but now I'm not sure which combo to go with. The original gloss black bezel is undamaged as it turns out, it's the straps that are beyond wearing.

I was going to go all in with the orange set, but having tried it with the black bezel and swapping out the orange keeper and silver buckle for the original black ones, it looks pretty good with the black and orange mix!

What would you guys choose out of the two?

With black bezel mixing the gloss and matte, or the orange bezel which shows off the black buttons and screws?

I've edited my photos to show the orange up more, my phone made them look red! It's not quite true to the actual shade of orange, but gives more of an idea:

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Orange!!!!!

Reactions: sodamonkey

·
Registered
112 Posts
I went back and forth. The black bezel contrasting with the orange strap looks nice. Also, the black bezel works a little better with the negative display. But at the end of the day I think I would go orange bezel/orange strap.

·
Premium Member
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went back and forth. The black bezel contrasting with the orange strap looks nice. Also, the black bezel works a little better with the negative display. But at the end of the day I think I would go orange bezel/orange strap.
Maybe the thing with the black bezel, the problem with the photos is that it's highlighted the purple effect of the solar panel too much, so not a 100% accurate picture of what it ACTUALLY looks like.

·
Premium Member
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmm, seems like I know what the answer is going to be.

Here are a few new shots, the only issue with my phone is that the camera lens is in the top centre of the phone, and it makes it very difficult to take straight on photos because of the reflective properties of the crystal, so it was hard to get a decent picture of the display looking directly at it.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Looks good either way! Though I will say I have a slight preference for the black bezel. I think it contrasts nicely and gives it more of a gear feel than all-orange. Nice work!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts