·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #101

·
Registered
104 Posts
Re: Black & red G-Shock GW-B5600HR-1 Heritage Series

I notice some color difference in the LCD color of the digits when in the sun. Is this normal? IMG_20190821_095438.jpg

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I notice some color difference in the LCD color if the digits when in the sun. Is this normal? View attachment 14408293

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk
Absolutely normal, unfortunately, I can’t replicate it on mine at the moment, as its, pis.... sorry, raining fairly heavily here. You may even notice the numerals twinkling in bright sunlight.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
I think the display on this model is pretty good myself
It's a bit of a dust magnet but I remain impressed after half a year.
20190822_105640.jpg

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
This one and the Kobe Fire are my two favorite resin BT squares. Great looks, great comfort.

IMG_20190616_112336.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,754 Posts
This one and the Kobe Fire are my two favorite resin BT squares. Great looks, great comfort.

View attachment 14412569

Me too, although I have to add one to that list: GW-B5600BC-1B! :-! Only just arrived, haven't even gotten pics yet - weather lousy. Will post soon.

I can agree that these 3 are my "top 3 favorite resin BT squares." But that's a trick answer. They are my ONLY resin BT squares. :-d Still, they are all very very nice. This new one def belongs in that grouping with the other two, IMO. Wait and see.... ;-):-d Pics tomorrow or Sunday.

Reactions: kubr1ck

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I got this watch as my first G-Shock. When on holiday with it, 5 days away with this as my only watch. I had no doubt in choosing this model - loved everything about it.
I tried my best to like it, but in the end the negative display just is too dim and low contrast for my eyes. After looking at the full range, I realise that there is a gap in the line-up, Positive display, BT, Solar, Band 6, bracelet. Aggrrgh! So annoying. After a few more days, I caved in and got the gold model, and swapped the watch modules over:

Before:

View attachment 14187309

Gold module in HR shell and bracelet:

View attachment 14187311

HR Module in Gold shell:

View attachment 14187313

So, not perfect, as although the pre release photos show the gold version with a grey display, it is in fact very green / gold.

Such a shame there is not a grey positive display version of this model - it would be just about perfect.
Thanks
Ian
Like this?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Awkward question, but is there supposed to be a full operation guide for module 3641 in the box. Just bought one and there was only a quick reference sheet along with the usual warranty and FCC leaflet and the other small papers. Cheers.

Sent from my LEX829 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Reactions: Dxnnis

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looking to buy my first G after having mech autos for years.
Tossing up between this and the classic GW-M5610-1ER. No idea if I'll have a preference for neg or pos display, as the last time I had an LCD watch was 30 years ago as a kid.
5610 can be had for $150 AUD from Masters In Time (reliable vendor?) and the 5600HR for $276AUD. Obviously quite a difference in price - apart from the BT time adjust, is there anything else i get with the newer 5600HR to help qualify the extra $100? *as a side note, we don't get the radio signal down here in Australia to calibrate the time on the 5610, though I've heard you can use a mobile phone instead?

My other plan was to forgo the G (I know, I know) and wait for a reasonably priced solar smart watch, such as the rumoured 2020 Garmin Instinct (you guys think the Fenix 6X Pro Solar is expensive in the US - it's over $1500 down here).

·
Registered
690 Posts
If you’re on the fence, I would recommend the GW-M5610. If you love the GW-M, and still wish for the exotic looks and Bluetooth gizmos, you’ll be making a more informed decision about the more expensive GW-B.

The 5610 has a real tendency to capture hearts. Something about it is nicer in person.

For myself, I picked up a GW-B, and I certainly like it, but the softer resin and heftier case of my DW-5035 make it my favorite. I don’t have strong feelings about the combi bracelet. It might be superior in hot weather. Then again, it might not, because adjusting it a click looser is a fiddly operation (if it’s even possible - there are barely enough micro-adjust positions, and you might already be on the last one).

Argument in favor of the GW-B5600HR: I’m not sure if they’re explicitly a limited edition, but you can expect availability to drop over the years to come, so it will have a certain exclusivity to it.

My GW-B:

9CD71661-3A3D-4A20-A72E-803F89CF648A_1580444797161.jpeg

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
GW-B5600HR-1 Cold Purple Flowers.JPEG
Cold and Snow in DSM near DAM.jpg

Just recommended TicTacArea (where I bought the watch from) to someone. Haven't taken many recent pics, due to the lockdown. But, I'm still wearing mine and I'm happy w/ it.

101 - 120 of 120 Posts