WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black Submariner wristshot request…

Hi guys!

I've found many photos of this legendary model on this part of the forum, but haven't been too lucky with wristshots. :-(

I'm considering this for my next watch and my first Rolex (on SS with date), and would really appreciate if you could provide me with some pics of how it looks on your wrists. :-!

Thanks. |>

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Re: Black Submariner wristshot request…

Not the greatest wristshot and not a sub date but.... here ya go

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thank you, Rambam, nice tattoo as well!

Great pictures so far, guys, please feel free to post some more.

The reason for my asking is that I am seriously interested in this watch, but have only had bigger watches until now, and am worried that the 40mm Sub would look small on me. But judging from the pictures, it's perfectly fine. :-!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts

You might want to ask wrist size for reference. My wrist size is 7.3 inches.;-) I have 47 and 44 mm divers while the Sub is smaller it wears bigger.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Good to know the wrist size as well, I agree.
My wrist is 7 inches, but I'm used to wearing watches that go from 43.2 to 48.4 mm. :)

So I was glad to see all these wristshots from which I can clearly see that the 40 mm Submariner wears quite a lot bigger than it is on paper. :-!

If anyone else cares to share their pics, I'll be very glad of them, and thanks again guys. :thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

Thanks for that pic, Coffee Mug!

Guys, I have a question regarding the Sub, if anyone would be kind enough to take the time and tell me something.

The Rolex website shows the Submariner date without the ROLEX inscriptions written on the inner silver ring between the dial and the crystal. However, my AD says that the Sub they have in stock has that writing on the ring and that it is the newest version.

Can anyone shed some light on this, does the website display the older model or is my AD wrong?

P.S.: Am I right in assuming that the Submariner date with the black dial comes only with the small hour indexes (not the maxi dial)?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts

Thanks for that pic, Coffee Mug!

Guys, I have a question regarding the Sub, if anyone would be kind enough to take the time and tell me something.

The Rolex website shows the Submariner date without the ROLEX inscriptions written on the inner silver ring between the dial and the crystal. However, my AD says that the Sub they have in stock has that writing on the ring and that it is the newest version.

Can anyone shed some light on this, does the website display the older model or is my AD wrong?

P.S.: Am I right in assuming that the Submariner date with the black dial comes only with the small hour indexes (not the maxi dial)?
The maxi dial on the Sub is only available on the LV. The newer models have the Rolex on the rehault. I think M and newer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts