WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this GQ article and figure I'd make a post.

I must say, I am a sucker for blacked out watches. There is just something about it's stealthy and clean look that appeals to me.

To those who may love it too can follow up and post you favorite blacked out watches.

GQ's Timepiece Trends: Blacked-Out Watches

Blancpain

Breitling

Chanel

Luminox

Movado

Nixon

Panerai

Rado

Rolex (Blk LTD Edition)

Timex

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Wow with some of those you cant even see the time due to the hands being black on a black dial with black markings...

IMHO some contrast is good.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
I dislike a blackened case, as it is semipermanent.

I guess a totally stealthy watch is a good excuse to glance at your mobile phone to check the (correct) time? ;-)

I like this combo:
Chrono function blackened out!
Laco Support Chrono

I took the pic at an angle so the subdials are more visible.

But my wife, she like hers!

Rado Multifunction

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I honestly have no problem on seeing my All Black Big Bang, there are rarely any time there isn't sufficient lighting to see what time it is in my watch outside of night time, in which it is no different from my Port Chrono, which has no lume.

It works perfectly find for me. ;-)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Wow with some of those you cant even see the time due to the hands being black on a black dial with black markings...
That's exactly why it appeals to some collectors. U know what they say about the colour black..it goes with everything. So when nothing matches your dressing,it's good to have an all-black in your collection. The Nixon is one of the few truly affordable all-black n i have no regrets getting it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Great looking watches so far, here are some of the ones that I like that haven´t already been posted.

Fortis all black, Oris bc3 advanced and the tutima grand classic (technically not all black but still awesome!)

I specially like the oris due to its very wearable dimensions, the tutima a close second, the fortis is too big for me, would be my pick if it werent the case.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like that Oris a lot, the position of the day and date looks great. Sadly it is 42mm, too big for my wrist. I wish it were 39mm. Looks pretty slim too.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I like that Oris a lot, the position of the day and date looks great. Sadly it is 42mm, too big for my wrist. I wish it were 39mm. Looks pretty slim too.
Yes its pretty cool looking, I was thinking about getting one but now I´m considering getting something more "upscale".

What are the dimensions on the hublot? I would´ve thought that to be over 42mm, sweet looking watch by the way.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes its pretty cool looking, I was thinking about getting one but now I´m considering getting something more "upscale".

What are the dimensions on the hublot? I would´ve thought that to be over 42mm, sweet looking watch by the way.
Thats the Hublot Classic Fusion All Black, it comes in two versions, 42mm and 45mm. I have the 42mm version.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
This sort of watch is obviously targeted towards those young enough to still have their eyesight. I squinted so hard at those pictures I ended up throwing my back out.

·
Registered
21,068 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Almost bought one of those, comes with a really nice bracelet. A real 'chunk' of watch.

Instead, I picked up this U-Boat Classico AB 4/2:

A bit more subtle, but equally phantom. I love black watches - regardless of their current 'in' status they are very versatile (for me).

While I shouldn't get anymore black watches, the Fortis mentioned above certainly has me interested:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Hublot and B&R phantom FTW. These are the original black faced and black lumed watches.. the trend setters. Just think of the courage of conviction it took to make such a statement as opposed to just following a trend.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Now what the hell? Honestly, who's going to wear a blacked-out Easy Reader? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of it being easy to read?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts