• Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Did you go to Ross?

I stopped by the boutique without an appointment just to see the VCO. Did not get then name of the gentleman that assisted me. Purchased the Bathyscaphe from a dealer I have used in the past.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm ready to add another watch to my collection, and I'm having trouble deciding between these two. I will own them both eventually, just trying to figure out where to go first. What would you do?

Thinking about availability and pricing, as well as how each one fits with what I have now. The Bathyscaphe seems to be here to stay, but I am not sure how the availability and pricing of the Gen 2 Overseas will fare over the next few years. I am considering the Dual Time as well. I would lean toward the white dial on the Overseas (even though that makes it more similar to the IWC I have), since the Bathyscaphe only comes in one color.

View attachment 14493727
View attachment 14493709 View attachment 14493733 View attachment 14493721

My current collection for reference:
View attachment 14493687
what about this one?

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
The Bathyscaphe is so stunning in person. Pics don’t do it justice. It’s also a very under the radar high end watch, which I love.
IMG_0741.jpg

·
Registered
495 Posts
If it was between the VCO 3 then would urge you to go with the Vacheron. If I had a VCO 2 then I would not upgrade to the 3, even though it is next level improved. Get the Blancpain and save for a VCO 3. They are very different watches - I have both and wear the Blancpain in jeans and on weekends and the VCO3 when I am working or out in anything but a T shirt during the week. I pick a fun watch or something gold if I'm out at night and dressed up on weekends.

As others have said, the pictures do not do the Blancpain justice and although the VCO3 is gaining traction by enthusiasts (thankfully not speculators/collectors yet), the Blancpain is becoming the cool watch much faster. 3 or 4 years ago when I got mine, nobody had one. Also, the BB is a tank and the VCO will get worn.

·
Registered
141 Posts
well, one question at the end of the day relates to almost the double premium for the basic OS as compared to the BS....I ask myself why...and I come to a conclusion that from a horologic perspective, basically there is not an evident basis....it's Richemont policy to charge for name almost the double price...now, for me is that justified that a basic OS will cost double than a Blancpain...I am far from being convinced...looking forward to see your BS soon...
IMG_4920.jpeg

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
well, one question at the end of the day relates to almost the double premium for the basic OS as compared to the BS....I ask myself why...and I come to a conclusion that from a horologic perspective, basically there is not an evident basis....it's Richemont policy to charge for name almost the double price...now, for me is that justified that a basic OS will cost double than a Blancpain...I am far from being convinced...looking forward to see your BS soon...
While I agree with you on some level, rB, I'm not sure that it makes much sense to introduce the concept of "value" to a discussion of high-end, luxury items. The new Omega SMP is 90-95% as good as a Bathyscaphe for less than 50% of the price (I know this because I've owned both), just as the GP Laureato (and others) are 90-95% as good as Overseas/Royal Oak/Nautilus for 25-50% of the price. Let's not pretend that we're making rational decisions here, based on sound financial principles.

For the most part, we're goofballs with disposable income who tend to seek approval from other, like-minded goofballs before spending waaaayyyy too much money on fancy pieces of wrist jewelry.

Edit: That's a gorgeous shot, by the way.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
laredy26- Are you posting everywhere just to acquire enough posts to be able to sell on WUS?

If there are any typos in this post, I blame Tapatalk!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would take the blancpain! Such a lovely, classic and timeless design!
Whilst the overseas is lauded by a lot of people, I've never been a fan of the bezel design, just looks odd to me

·
Registered
428 Posts
I love both of your choices and share with you the passion for both Blancpain and Vacheron Constantin.
I absolutely love the Vacheron Constantin Overseas and my choice would be the Chronograph because VCOS Gen2 chronograph uses FP movement which is one of the thinnest chronograph movements (compared to Gen3 or APRO chrono). FP chrono movement also uses vertical clutch system which means you could keep the chrono function running all the time without actual wear on the chrono mechanism. I also believe the VCOS is still in the affordable range and haven’t gone crazy like PP and AP yet.
The Blancpain is another good option and I can’t argue with that. I have a Villeret Annual Calendar and absolutely love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kak1154
21 - 32 of 32 Posts