WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Congrats! Awesome watch. I picked up a 5000-0130-B52A on Saturday and haven’t taken it off since. This may be my first true GADA watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Love the bathyscaphe! One of the most beautiful watches out there. The dial and movement are both incredible. Congrats and enjoy!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Very nice, congrats! I've considered the blue version for myself

Reactions: kasemo

·
Registered
203 Posts
Excellent watch—I’m sure you’ll be very happy with it. I had the black ceramic version of this watch for a while and loved it. Only traded it when I ran across a Fifty Fathoms OC III that I liked even more, and primarily because the size fit my taste better. Lovely movement, well suited to the contradiction that is a “luxury tool/dive watch.” Enjoy and congratulations.

·
Registered
203 Posts
How is the action on the bezel, by the way? That was the one thing I never liked on my Bathyscaphe—too stiff for my taste even with a year of use. Never did figure out if that was just my watch or a common trait.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Very nice, love the black face with ease of seeing the markers and hands, congrats

·
Registered
751 Posts
Congrats.
By far my fav piece in my collection---and perhaps one of my all time fav divers.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Watches like this make me wonder why anyone would ever buy a Rolex. That movement finishing is nice for the price!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I really think this is so underapprecieated- it's one of my very favorite in my collection...
Totally agreed...definitely a rare bread and not as overly sold as some competitive brands.

OP is in love right now...and the beauty is, he'll most likely never see more than 1 or 2 in the wild on a yearly basis. I've owned mine for 18 months and have yet to see any Blancpain in public...

I think BP FFs are underappreciated overall because they are rarely seen on bracelets. I was on the fence with the Bathyscaphe until I saw it on the bracelet.

View attachment 14287235

Wow...how does the wrist feel when wearing both? I've always felt the FF wears smaller than a 45mm but not as light as the Bathy.

Thoughts considering you own both?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
How soft and resistant is the OEM sailcloth strap? I've seen some pictures of it fraying and turned me off. Should I order a custom one?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts