WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
I would choose them in the order of your title. BP first, IWC second.

·
Registered
11,522 Posts
The Blancpain by a country mile. You haven't stated in your post but you must try them on. Manat times I have craved a watch and when faced with it in real life but completely underwhelmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Your watch....You get to choose....Good luck...:-!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I chose this one - I was wearing it today! Actually it's one of my most worn watches.
If you haven't seen one in the flesh I would thoroughly recommend doing so.
The dial has an amazing colour and depth to it that I don't think is captured well in the photos I've seen of it.
Good luck.
photo 1-2.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thx for the feedback guys!
Actually the only watch I have seen in the flesh was the Hublot, the Aquatimer is not yet available in my country but I got an invitation for the launch party next week, exciting!
For the Blancpain I just recently found out about its existence when I saw an article online for the Bathyscaphe Chrono launched at Basel this year, I only knew about the FF (which is not in my budget).

Ps: my native language is Dutch so pardon my mistakes ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think i'll opt for the Blancpain! Which one is yours? the Stainless steel? why did you choose for the sailcloth and not the nato?

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
I am with everyone else, the Bathy first by a mile, though I prefer my FF 5015-1130-52 to the Bathy as you mentioned it is more money. Second would be the IWC though I like some of the color combinations better than the one you posted and really like some of the last generation colorways and you might be able to get a healthy discount. I don't like the Hublot and not only because it is a Hublot.

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
Odd lot to choose from.
Not really a Hublot kinda guy as I prefer the ones that it takes styling cues from.

As for the other two, that's not the Fifty Fathoms I'd be looking at (5015 or preferably a 2200A for me) nor the Aquatimer (3568).

If it has to be one of those three, it'd be the Aquatimer by a whisker.

·
Registered
9,459 Posts
I think I like the dial of the IWC a bit more. That would be my pick, if I were in the market for these choices.

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Am I the only one that likes the Hublot the most of the three? I don't like the FF pointers, which are same as one of my favorite diver the Sinn U1, but it just doenst work for that watch. IWC Divers have never rang my bell. I like the classic design of the Hublot with being to overly designed like the recent models like the big bang and power king.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts