WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recall reading somewhere that Blancpain is currently producing under 10,000 watches per year but I've also heard much greater numbers. Does anyone have an idea of the current production quantity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
551 Posts
I would agree... they are producing more than 20k per year and are increasing production numbers... the early models were much more bespoke and batch production based... this would be pre-1985 based on my research

·
Registered
428 Posts
I find hard time trying to figure some of the production dates of Blancpain as well as the history of the brand in general like many other brands (with the exception of PP, AP and Rolex perhaps).
even the website of the brand doesn't do it justice as it doesn't reference historical models or historical reference numbers.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I find hard time trying to figure some of the production dates of Blancpain as well as the history of the brand in general like many other brands (with the exception of PP, AP and Rolex perhaps).
even the website of the brand doesn't do it justice as it doesn't reference historical models or historical reference numbers.
Lots of BP info on this blog, FYI: https://blancpainblog.com

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've wondered this too. My Bathyscaphe's serial number is only four digits.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
My Bathyscaphe Chrono is in the very low 400s.

If there are any typos in this post, I blame Tapatalk!
My Bathyscaphe chrono is mid-300s. I would take from our three experiences that serial numbers are by model.

Regards,
Alysandir

·
Registered
428 Posts
Lots of BP info on this blog, FYI: https://blancpainblog.com
thanks bro
it is a lovely blog, unfortunately i couldn't find info on old models. most of the posts were on more recent watches.
even for a relatively new historical revival (1983-now) i can't seem to find a lot of data. no reference numbers, no production years, no variants, even no spare parts.
what a shame

·
Registered
31 Posts
As the one to blame for blancpainblog, may I suggest you look at the „all references“ link on the about/links page that contains a PDF of 349(!) pages listing all references since 1983. You need to do a lot of scrolling, but I‘m afraid that’s as much as you can get (at least until now) ;-)

Cheers
Henrik

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts