WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I have an 8 1/4 inch wrist and the majority of watches that I like I can not wear. I move on. However, if a desirable watch model is +40mm the League of Lilliputians show up in forums and blogs en masse demanding the manufacturer to release smaller versions of the model. It is pathetic. Move on.

NOTE: The 5015 and 5000 FF models have a 51 and 50mm lug-to-lug measurement and the sailcloth straps pull down straight. Totally wearable on a smaller wrist. For reference, the Rolex Sub (114060) on a bracelet has an end link-to-end link measurement of 51mm. Lug-to-lug is 48mm, but how many people wear a Sub on a strap? Not many.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Would the dial of the 40mm look comically tiny due to the big bezel?
Why would Blancpain keep the same bezel on a smaller watch ? The bezel is obviously reduced in proportion to the smaller watch

Reactions: JCB43

·
Registered
28 Posts
Since you have the 3 different sizes of Fifty fathoms according to your signature, can you share your thoughts on the wearability between the 3?
How does the ceramic bathyscaphe compares to the OC 3 in terms of size and feeling on the wrist? And what about the 5015?
I'm really curious as I have only been able to try on the bathyscaphe 43 and 38 mm models (base and chrono for the 43, steel and ceramic).
The 5015 definitely wears the biggest which isn't surprising. The Bathy, being black ceramic tends to wear probably smaller than the dimensions. The OC3 is just about perfect in my opinion. It certainly doesn't look small or out of proportion.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts