WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening. I have the opportunity to purchase a new old stock BlancPain Air Command Flyback in stainless with black dial for just shy of 5.5 us. Wondering if this would be a wise financial decision as I understand these BPs don't hold their value. I would also be selling my Baume and Mercier Riveria to further chip away at the cost. May or may not help but would be buying through a large retail establishment in the US and they offer an additional 3 year warranty. Could I get my money back out of this watch near this price if need be?
Best
Jon

·
Registered
941 Posts

·
Registered
23,402 Posts
Welcome~Why would any watch be a good investment? Buy it if you like it, especially at that pricepoint regardless of the brand and the extra three year warranty that comes with it, cheers! ;-)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies folks. Perhaps investment was the wrong word. I wonder whether I could turn this watch around if need be without taking a bath on it. For example, I can buy a Gibson guitar new at the right price and after enjoying it for a period, I can sell it and get much of my money back. Sounds like Rolex and PF work kinda this way but not BP. I guess I shouldn't be spending this kind of cash on a watch but I know I'll never be able to buy a 9k watch. If I could turn around and sell the BP for a grand or so less than 5.5k, I guess I'd jump on it. Problem is (and also why I like the watch) it's kind of rare and can't compare it to anything on eBay. Sorry I don't have a pic but it's on the BP website listed under speciality watches. Again I'm looking at a black dialed version of the air command chrono.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
IMO new watches are a terrible investment. If you buy used, a lot of the depreciation is taken by the original owner. By used at a good price and with any luck you can wear your watch for a few years and re-sell it for nearly- or at- what you paid. No, not a great investment. but you get to wear a nice watch. And it beats stock in GM. :-(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts