WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

I purchased the Chrono AT after selling my Hamilton X-Wind recently (was looking for a busy dial with a nice heft and feel and this fit the bill perfectly). When I saw it in person, I loved it so much that I decided to totally bling it out with a polished bracelet (this is my office wear watch so doesn't get subjected to abuse like my weekend watches).

Easier said than done:-(. While the 24mm leather strap fitted nicely on the 23mm lugs, the 24mm bracelet was totally another story. I had to file down the bracelet ends on both ends but it didn't end my ordeal there. The bracelet was too thick and the spring bars were not lining up. Even though Citizen were nice enough to have the back casing slightly tapered, it was not enough for my intend and purpose for the thicker bracelet. At this point, it was either to get another less thicker bracelet (mesh??) or put the leather strap back on. But I really really liked the 5 link high polished bracelet (which is very similar to the original Hamilton X-Wind bracelet that they no longer manufacture) so I decided to go with it all the way.

I don't recommend anybody to do this unless you are planning to keep the watch eternally (or till Doomsday next year:)). Hold your breath now. I took the file and gently filed the back of the case to make room for a better bracelet fitting. This wasn't easy and required me to tape certain spots out for safety but the end result speak for itself.

Very happy with the result and planning to keep this as long as I can in my collection (already have a 12 yr Citizen chrono so I know this will last as long:)).

Oh...and the bracelet is a "BandFever" 24mm high polish bracelet from Ebay.

Thanks for looking!!

Modded pics with bracelet:

7" Wrist for reference:

·
Registered
714 Posts
What model is this ? and is the leather Band factory or ??

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What model is this ? and is the leather Band factory or ??
Model : BY0000-05E. Leather strap is also from Ebay (just do a search for 24mm leather strap). The stock leather strap is really wimpy and cheap and nothing to write about.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Bracelet looks really cool. I couldnt live without fitted endlinks (except for mesh) but thats the best match-up Ive seen.

·
Registered
278 Posts
awesome job, it gives the watch a totally different look, it looks fabulous :-!

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
You're making me want one if those even more than I did already!
Very brave mod - but it looks great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts