WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

last year i was lucky enough to pick up the Apollo 11 speedy. I am now deadset on owning a rolex for all the best reasons, but am at a cross roads. I have tried on the polar explorer ii and the blnr. Different AD's. Blnr AD is willing to work with me on price, because my family has gone there. He doesn't have a polar in stock. I just can't decide.

i added the hulk since green is the girlfriend's favorite color is green and i have a decent amount of green tattoo'd on my sleeve near the wrist. At work i wear a blue coast guard uniform and outside of work im pretty much strictly casual drss.

right now my collection consists of the speedy and a luminox for the mountain/surf. Thanks in advance for any input.

Registered
I feel the Polar Exp. 2, or The Hulk are the two best choices for you. the Blnr is a bit dressier due the polished center links, but its about what sings to you. I think that the Polar dial might provide a nice contrast to the green ink, and the Sub might provide a nice compliment 馃槂. Both of the watches are beautiful, and maybe it comes down to wrist size with the exp ii being a bit larger.

My vote goes for the exp ii Polar.... because i have one :)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the size is a big part of it too. Once i get down into the 40mm range watches start to look small on the wrist. Damn my large hands. I think i will try on the hulk and blnr today and see how they look against each other. If only the AD here had the expii. In town visting family and leave tomorrow.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The green in that video almost matches the hue on my arm. I keep looking down and seeing the hulk.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will certainly let her know haha.

Banned
I would say the BLNR or the Hulk.

both are quite quite difficult to source at he right price (at least where I live. UK)

You can always add an Explorer II at a later date. Expy II can easily be found new or used at a considerable amount under retail price. Same can't be said for the BLNR & Hulk.

Found myself in a similar situation recently, I ended up getting bothe the BLNR & Hulk. Although I did have to sacrifice my trusty DateJust

Registered
BLNR for sure. It goes with anything.

The Hulk and the Polar are great but don't go with a suit.
They are niche Rolex models. You get one of those later on. You won't stop here.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I ended up getting the Hulk. It matches my tattoos too perfectly. It barely won out. I will for sure be buying the BLNR next though. Will take a coule of pictures soon. Thank you all for the feedback!

Attachments

Rolex / Tudor
Congrats on your new watch. :-!

My brother-in-law is a Coastie. He's currently a recruiter in Manhattan.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats on your new watch. :-!

My brother-in-law is a Coastie. He's currently a recruiter in Manhattan.
I am stationed on Staten Island! I might know him. Going to be hard for my speedy to share time on the wrist.

Registered
I'm picturing the commercial where the two sisters are talking to each other over the phone, one as a customer the other as a sales rep before they realize they are related.
I was half expecting whatlust to go "...wait, Jason- is that you? Awesomesuace!"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts