WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love bright blue and bright green g shocks, particularly 6900s. I think I got into G shocks too late because all my favorites seem to be impossible to find. I'm thinking of:
6900CB-2 (cb-1,4,8 easily obtainable)
6900CC-2 & CC-3 (cc-1,6 easily obtainable)
6900NB-3 (nb-1,4,7 easily obtainable)
G6900GR-3 (most other G6900s are obtainable)
GLX5600-2 (glx -1,4,7 easily obtainable)

Why do Casio make it so hard to obtain blue and green models, even in comparison to yellow or red.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
the CC-2 shouldn't be too hard to find, you just have to be a little patient and diligent with your search. for someone who loves blue and green I'm suprised you left the MM-2 and the HUANG off your list (unless you already have them).

Attachments

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,553 Posts
Where is the Undefeated? Not bright enough?

Also the DW-6900CC-3, although an old model, would not be too hard to find, I think (and pretty cheap too).

While this one (it's mine) was not that expensive at release, it is now pretty much wanted (meaning $$$)

Kermit_22.jpg

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies Tsip85 and Sjors. Yes the MM-2 is a bit of a grail but I've been looking for so long now and I don't intend to pay $300-$500 for one. The Huang is nice but looks like another rare/expensive buy. The Undefeated will cost me around USD220 after shipping, again too expensive, and in Oz these retail at around USD275 which is ridiculous. This is why I was concentrating on the standard priced models that I can find on Ebay. Patience on a budget is torture. My wider point remains though - bright blues and greens appear to be more sought after than other bright colors such as Red or Yellow - particularly with 6900's anyway.

Another thing I have done is buy bezel/straps and mod my existing 6900s. I did this with 6900NB-3 bezel/strap put onto a 6900MR-7 (best mirror face ever) and I Pandarized (is that a word) my NB-1 and NB-7 by swapping bezels - looks great. Pity I don't have a camera to show the results.

Thanks again, guys.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi Vade_R, thanks for the links. The GLX5600-3 is a great price (too good?) but it would sit, for me to admire, on my bedside table or do ....... timer duties because that's exactly what happens now to my GLX5600A-7 - my 8" + wrist makes these small squares look like toys.
The NB-3 looks great as well and I know Chavo is well respected and I'll give this plenty of thought like the other 16 watchers, BUT I'm so happy with the NB-3 bezel/strap/MR-7 module mod I mentioned in post 4, I might now take the NB-3 off my grail list.

I didn't get many replies to my first thread but what I got was 3 of the big guns - I'm chuffed!!

Now for the CB-2 and CC-2 & 3.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts