WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
It's 38mm with crown, 35.5 without. Being mostly dial it wears big
Oh, and 9mm thick (in the middle) down to 2mm at the sides
Thanks a lot, you shouldn't have... but there is still a chance I will NOT get one ;)

I have several chinese vintage watches in the size of 35-36 (w/o crown) and they barely get any wrist-time, because they are a little bit too small on my wrist in my opinion, although I really, really like them...

This Sekonda would face the same outcome probably with this size.... AND in my humble opinion, they should have made that red seconds-hand longer (at least longer than the minute-hand, better even almost to the end of the dial).

But just in case ;) where can I find it?

Sea-Gull has a very similar model (but only black or white dial) in 38mm case, with ST2130..

Romain

·
Banned
5,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As I was wearing my ST5 last night I was thinking that the deep glimmering blue went very well with the slimness of a manual.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Yes, I'm generally a fan of longer hands, but these work well with the minute markings set a little inside the perimeter (do I mean circumference?)
I think they're slightly short like that to give clearance under the crystal (.42 high at the edge!)
They are simple to find, but need patience (it took me a few months). Search 'blue Sekonda' on eBay.uk and wade through *a lot* of watches :)
Searching for Luch, 2209 or ultrathin will miss out sellers who just have a random watch in the attic, and you'll have to pay more..

·
Registered
346 Posts
View attachment 1486360

$500 appears to be the going rate :p
You should go for this one. Then decide you hate it and sell it to me on the cheap.
Seriously though, I've liked these from the first one I saw. Setting aside the not having the funds issue I just don't know enough about vintage watches, potential service costs, etc to make an informed decision about what I'd be paying for.

On the flip side that movement properly serviced does seem to be a steal for the price from what little I've read.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Yes, I'm generally a fan of longer hands, but these work well with the minute markings set a little inside the perimeter (do I mean circumference?)
I think they're slightly short like that to give clearance under the crystal (.42 high at the edge!)
They are simple to find, but need patience (it took me a few months). Search 'blue Sekonda' on eBay.uk and wade through *a lot* of watches :)
Searching for Luch, 2209 or ultrathin will miss out sellers who just have a random watch in the attic, and you'll have to pay more..
Damn you for all that help and information... ;)

You are serioulsy making it too easy for me to get this watch.

Enjoy yours,

Romain

1 - 20 of 75 Posts