WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a blue Mako earlier this week, and I want to get a strap to go with it. I've seen lots of great photos of the Mako on the forum, but since I haven't seen it in person, I need help choosing a strap. I already have my Vostok on a blue/grey NATO, so I was thinking about getting a carbon fiber style strap for the Mako. If anyone has photos of their blue Mako on straps, or has suggestions, please share! Here's what I found:

Hirsch Carbon Sport (navy blue)

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-65904186478273_2094_13742342

Carbon Fiber Black/ Blue stitching

Blue/White Carbon Fiber

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Well since I have both the Blue Mako and the blue Hirsch carbon fiber strap, I'll try and put them together tonight and snap a few pics for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would stick with a Nato or Zulu for several reasons but number one would be comfort and the ability to wash and wear as well as the safety factor of both. I have tried every color of zulu and there are some cool combinations with that blue. Here are a few shots just to give you an idea of the color match. I really like the blue rubber tread design great color match and the hot orange is a eye catcher for sure. Hope this helps confuse you further :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
This is a terrible picture- but my blue mako stays on a blue and yellow nato, a gray zulu, or the bracelet (which is a pain because the endlinks have to be adjusted EVERY TIME I put the bracelet back on- someone PLEASE make some solid links for this!)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hmmm I love Makos.... Mako Lovers --- Unite!!!

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Hey, a Wolverine fan?

Josh

·
Registered
20 Posts
I currently switch between the metal bracelet and a black and gray NATO strap.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the black and silver strap. I was thinking about that one myself. Would you guys rather go with the Nato or the Zulu straps?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don't get the difference between NATO and Zulu.. I learned what NATO is and RAF, but Zulu? I'm buying a James Bond RAF as well by the way.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I like the carbon straps the best. I have my black Mako on a black Bradystrap with white stitching. For the life of me I can't understand the Nato, no offense. I have no idea where I'd be able to wear such a strap without standing out like the biggest sore thumb in any social or work setting. Maybe I'm not seeing something.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The nato strap looks like an action sport thing to people who don't dive. I am wearing one right now on a nato and people think I am athletic :D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts