WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A top contender for my next watch is the Breitling Avenger II GMT. When I first got interested in the watch it was from seeing the black dial. Now that I've seen the blue, I'm torn. The blue is fantastic but the black is great, as well. I have a few blue and black dial watches so either would not check a missing box.

Black might be more versatile. This isn't a dress watch so does it matter? I would be happy with either so I just wanted to hear thoughts from the community. Which do you prefer? Please post some pics if you have one of these. I'll throw out some photos from the web for reference.

Premium Member
I vote for Black on this one, I love the way black dials look with brushed bezel. Although Blue might be more fun for summer, but it reminds me too much of Superman. Sorry that was no help. LoL

Registered
If you didn't have black already, then black is the classic and "correct" answer. While blue is the color du jour, it is also more daytimey and less versatile. However, the blue+white markers is really a sharp combination, and the one I would pick.

Registered
Be careful of the wings, they're cutting sharp. I destroyed the lining inside a new leather jacket before I figured out the culprit. I sold the watch because of them darn wings.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I vote for Black on this one, I love the way black dials look with brushed bezel. Although Blue might be more fun for summer, but it reminds me too much of Superman. Sorry that was no help. LoL
Could be a good enough reason to get the cape that I've been eyeing. Of course, I believe Mrs. Horse would not appreciate such a sartorial choice.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you didn't have black already, then black is the classic and "correct" answer. While blue is the color du jour, it is also more daytimey and less versatile. However, the blue+white markers is really a sharp combination, and the one I would pick.
This was one of my thoughts too. I have some black dial watches and one can be used for dress. I don't dress up much anymore and use my rose gold Frederique Constant for those occasions. The replies have blue as the winner. Good to hear and my scales were already tipped to that side.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts