WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahoi,

I have a question regarding the blue screws of Stowa's 2824-2 movement. The description from Stowa online shop says: "By the way, we use natural steel - you see the result will have no silver screwslit." Now in the current issue of the German Uhrenmagazin (06/06?) there's a feature about chronometer watches showing a picture of the Marine's (chronometer-) movement which has silver screwslits. I'm a bit confused now...:-S

BTW: I already posted this question approx. 1 hour ago but it seems to have been deleted (by mistake I guess), I got some weird error message about database problems and afterwards my thread was gone (just in case you're wondering ;-) ).

·
Registered
11,690 Posts
I can't help you with your blued screws question, but the answer to why your previous post is missing is because the database got corrupted last night and the server had to be rebooted with yesterday's backup so a few hours worth of posts were lost. ;-)

R

·
0 Posts
zaphod said:
Still wondering about the screw slits, if you look here Markbtn also has silver slits in his screws...:-S
I brought this topic a few months back when I ordered an Antea and specified a chronometer movement. The blued screws in the movement did indeed display silver screw slits. The reason is that chronometer movements are supplied by ETA with that type of blued screw as standard. They are not the custom screws that Stowa produces, which don't have the silver slits. --redstart

S

·
0 Posts
redstart said:
I brought this topic a few months back when I ordered an Antea and specified a chronometer movement. The blued screws in the movement did indeed display silver screw slits. The reason is that chronometer movements are supplied by ETA with that type of blued screw as standard. They are not the custom screws that Stowa produces, which don't have the silver slits. --redstart
That´s it !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts