Best version yet

Bruce Williams You Tube...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Friday and Dan T.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love Seiko, blue and the Alpinist but $650 seems a bit on the rich side.
That's what I was thinking. If they included a bracelet It might have been game over for me be the strap and blue dial don't help the $150 premium

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Hopefully this makes it into production. I hate the green one. Looks like something an old man would wear, or something that's missing an Oakland A's logo on it.

For $650 - forget about it.

EDIT: the photos are strange to me. Am I looking at polished steel, brushed steel, or bead-blasted steel? Looks like any of the three, depending on the shot.

EDIT EDIT: Never mind. I found a better shot. (The one with the hand in the jacket pocket). Looks like the usual SARB case - polished steel around the inner part, and brushed lugs.

·
Registered
364 Posts
In my opinion $450 is justifiable. So it’s overpriced by about $200. I also don’t like numbered limited edition products, for this reason. I don’t care that it’s numbered. It doesn’t make me or the watch that special. But it makes me pay more money. That’s just how I see it anyway. Limited editions are usually a bad investment and do not always hold superior value, in most products. Some seiko watches though.. like monsters and turtles ended up being good investments for their rarity or sought after color schemes. That could happen to this watch, who knows. But I wouldn’t bet on it considering a it’s $200 overpriced from a regular green model. So your potential profit might just be DOA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,071 Posts
Nice however I'll have to be the odd one who likes the green better.

Reactions: jeffkrupa5180

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
It’s $600 according to the site. Yes, pricey but I love the colorway. I put my name down and may do something stupid when they’re available for purchase.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
It's $600 according to the site. Yes, pricey but I love the colorway. I put my name down and may do something stupid when they're available for purchase.
They were available for purchase until a few minutes ago. They are sold out now (on Hodinkee anyways).

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Holy crap! 9 AM on the west coast and they’re already gone. I guess I just saved $600.

1 - 20 of 614 Posts