WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mr. Wong's strap showed up today and is gorgeous on the watch. The blue seam sealer doesn't have quite the pop that the original one with orange does, but is a fantastic match for the strap and face on the Caribs.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Awesome Strap - Thanks for the Pics.
Do you have Contact infor for Mr. Wong?
Thanks,
Gerald

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm so jealous ... I've been anticipating this since placing the order, but I'm out of town all week. I haven't even worn my Caribbean yet in anticipation of this. I hope it arrives before I get home.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm so jealous ... I've been anticipating this since placing the order, but I'm out of town all week. I haven't even worn my Caribbean yet in anticipation of this. I hope it arrives before I get home.
He said it was going out last Thur and it showed up Monday by USPS. You'll need a buckle to use with it; I robbed one off of a strap I never use. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweeeeeeeeeeet! :-!

I wonder why he stopped using the orange seam sealer? :think:

Paul
He stated he was concerned with the long term durability of it. I can imagine it is also more time consuming to apply it perfectly. Although I was willing to pay more to get the orange, I respect his judgement on using the blue. It's his work and craftsmanship, so I can understand his reluctance to use something that may not hold up as well. If I had come back in 6 months posting how disappointed I was that it didn't hold up, that's definitely not in his best interest.

twylie

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeeet! :-!

I wonder why he stopped using the orange seam sealer? :think:

Paul
It takes much longer time to apply orange edge seal. The new dark color edge seal seems to be more flexible and easy to use.

regards

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
That looks killer :p, Mr Wong makes a strap that compliments your watch so well.
Congrats!
Regards
Robt

·
Registered
157 Posts
I bought a deployment clasp to use with it. Mr. Wong was somewhat hesitant about this, but I figured for 20 bucks I'd give it a shot. When I exchanged emails with him, he specifically said he was designing the strap to use the clasp from the rubber straps.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought a deployment clasp to use with it. Mr. Wong was somewhat hesitant about this, but I figured for 20 bucks I'd give it a shot. When I exchanged emails with him, he specifically said he was designing the strap to use the clasp from the rubber straps.
The DOXA clasp from the rubber strap will not work on mine. I used another 22mm buckle I had. The issue with the DOXA clasp is that it is "2 sided", meaning the pin that holds it to the strap goes through the middle of the clasp, not the end as is shown in my pictures and the earlier one with his strap. If the full size, 2-sided buckle is used, the strap keeper that is sewn into the buckle interferes with it. Not a big deal as I didn't want to have to cannibalize a $60 strap to use the buckle.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Mr. Wong came through on these straps. A great job with great communication throughout the process. Mine came without any holes so I could put it on a deployant clasp and make one hole to fit it perfectly to my wrist. I took these shots in an attempt to capture the blue in the dial and on the strap and how well they match. Highly recommended, guys!:-!

·
Registered
201 Posts
He stated he was concerned with the long term durability of it. I can imagine it is also more time consuming to apply it perfectly. Although I was willing to pay more to get the orange, I respect his judgement on using the blue. It's his work and craftsmanship, so I can understand his reluctance to use something that may not hold up as well. If I had come back in 6 months posting how disappointed I was that it didn't hold up, that's definitely not in his best interest.

twylie
It looks great with the blue sealer too, might even be more versatile with the blue. Either way, makes the watch look awesome!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Mr. Wong's strap showed up today and is gorgeous on the watch. The blue seam sealer doesn't have quite the pop that the original one with orange does, but is a fantastic match for the strap and face on the Caribs.
Can I get two more people? I e-mailed Mr. Wong and his response is below.

There is no material left from the last batch of the caribbean straps. All straps are sold. I
cannot start another batch, unless I have 3 or more orders.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Can I get two more people? I e-mailed Mr. Wong and his response is below.

There is no material left from the last batch of the caribbean straps. All straps are sold. I
cannot start another batch, unless I have 3 or more orders.

I could be interested in 2.
one deployment
one regular
what is the time frame?
best
ticketgeorge

·
Registered
813 Posts
Nick,

I would be in if the orange seam sealer was used. It may have durability issues but it just makes the strap pop with color. The blue looks good to guys but I really like the looks of the orange. How much do these cost?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts