yen ¥ 18,000 (18,900 yen with tax)

Specifications Features

Bezel Case material: Resin
Band Resin

• Shock structure (resist shock)
  • Inorganic glass
  • 20 water pressure
  • Vibrating
  • World Time: 100 cities in the world (35 time zones with daylight saving time setting function) + UTC (Universal Time Coordinated) time display
  • Stopwatch (1 / 100 sec, 24 total, split)
  • Timer (set unit: 1 minute, set up: 24 hours, measured in seconds)
  • Five Alarm Time (switching function / One-time alarm / daily alarm function / switching sound vibration information) · Hourly
  • Mobile Link feature (cell phone call alert, cell phone search feature, time correction)
  • Tap operation (center of the screen by tapping the clock stopped doing sound alarm / timer or watch the incoming phone)
  • Full Auto Calendar
  • Switchable 12/24 hour display
  • Features ON / OFF switching operation sound
  • LED Light (Super Illuminator, Afterglow, Afterglow switching time (with seconds / 3 seconds, 1.5))
  • Average monthly deviation seconds ± 15 (If you can not transfer due time communication function)
  • Battery life: about two years
    time if carried forward by the communication function ※ The time depends on the accuracy and communication environment for mobile phone
  • Size (H × W × D) Mass /: 53.2 × 50 × 17.7mm/64g
  • ※ "MEDIAS" is a registered trademark of NEC Casio Mobile Communications.
  • ※ "Bluetooth" is, Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Is a registered trademark.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
To me it's just one of those gimmick watches that Casio produces from time to time like their MP3 watch or camera watch. I don't think it'll be a big hit. The vibrating feature is a nice touch however - I wish Casio would make more of those again - almost all their vibration alarm models are discontinued I think, like the RFT-100, G-7500, G-7510, GL-7500, GW-400 "Silencer", etc.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I agree with Sedi. If I can ever find one for a good price, I'll probably pick one up. But mainly because I like the look and color and I don't see these hanging around for too long. If I were to get one, I doubt I would even try syncing it to my phone.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
this is "one bluetooth for man's arm - endless possibilities for man's surrounding"

in the future, if you wear Gshock with bluetooth, it will:
- wake you up on time with both vibration and sound (it syncs via the internet on your home)
- as soon as you move to the restroom, it tells you about your body's temp. and body fat and personal hygiene in the mirror (the mirror as bluetooth enable too, to tell about the weather outsite) => you make decision of what to wear for the day
- when you start going into the kitchen, this Gshock will tell the coffee maker to make/or warm up the coffee
- you walk to your car, Gshock will unlock the car for you, it also makes a check to see if you are missing anything (glasses, keys, cellphone...whatever you setup that has bluetooth)

LOL
at work, it will bunch the time card for you, also warmup the coffee machine, start the computer and copy machine

LOL

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
in the future, if you wear Gshock with bluetooth, it will:
- wake you up on time with both vibration and sound (it syncs via the internet on your home)
- as soon as you move to the restroom, it tells you about your body's temp. and body fat and personal hygiene in the mirror (the mirror as bluetooth enable too, to tell about the weather outsite) => you make decision of what to wear for the day
- when you start going into the kitchen, this Gshock will tell the coffee maker to make/or warm up the coffee
- you walk to your car, Gshock will unlock the car for you, it also makes a check to see if you are missing anything (glasses, keys, cellphone...whatever you setup that has bluetooth)

LOL
at work, it will bunch the time card for you, also warmup the coffee machine, start the computer and copy machine

LOL
Reminds me a bit of "Mythological Beast" by Stephen Donaldson - a scifi short story in which a man transforms into a unicorn. Everybody in this story has a watch-like device implanted on their wrist which does all kinds of things - mainly observate your every move but also analyze your body-functions etc. It was written in 1979. I loved this story as a kid.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
I only see advantage of this watch over other bluetooth watches in the market (i.e. Sony Live) to be the long battery life and the G-Shock features. It may be more useful if it accepts an app to use with smartphones. (I'm talking about ebay outbid alert :-d)

I'll see in a year how Casio improves this technology when I upgrade my phone with bluetooth 4.0. I may get one if Casio put it in a 5600 or Mudman style.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
To me it's just one of those gimmick watches that Casio produces from time to time like their MP3 watch or camera watch. I don't think it'll be a big hit. The vibrating feature is a nice touch however - I wish Casio would make more of those again - almost all their vibration alarm models are discontinued I think, like the RFT-100, G-7500, G-7510, GL-7500, GW-400 "Silencer", etc.

|> +1

cheers

·
Registered
536 Posts
Cell phone manufactures were called gimmicky when they started putting cameras in phones. Granted most of the stuff they put in this watch is useless but there will be a day when information based watches are common.

Too bad the great re-inventor Steve Jobs is gone because he could have made this work and called it an iShock.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Sometimes, I can't hear my phone for whatever reason (left in the other room, in my Camelpack, left inside my pocket, etc). The phone alarm would be very useful.
+1. I always miss a call when my phone is in my jean pocket and I'm in a public noisy area. Notification on a watch will be helpful. I hold off buying a bluetooth watch for many times due to its battery life. If Casio can optimize this feature with touch solar, this watch will be perfect.

·
G-Shock Mod
14,397 Posts
+1. I always miss a call when my phone is in my jean pocket and I'm in a public noisy area. Notification on a watch will be helpful. I hold off buying a bluetooth watch for many times due to its battery life. If Casio can optimize this feature with tough solar, this watch will be perfect.
i = i++;

yeah, many times i have missed call when i am running around the house or office doing work. a watch that will notify me on calls will be nice.

i know BT headset can do the same thing, but i hate to run around like an universal soldier ... LOL :D (no offence to people that actually wear a BT headset 24/7 :p )

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
This will be absolutely amazing for me! It's the fist watch from Casio in years that's really excited me.

Sure, some will see it as a gimmick but I visit my customers in their homes. I'm forever receiving calls and texts whilst talking to them. If I can just tap my watch to shut the phone in my pocket up, it'll be fantastic.

I require a tough watch for work anyhow, hence me wearing g-shocks all the time so I think it'll be out with my Riseman and in with the Bluetooth G.

Can't wait!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.