WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi There!

I've a bit of a love, hate thing going on with NATO straps; I love the look and concept, Hate the confort. Well hate is a bit strong, so let's say I've never found them all that comfortable.

My latest purchase is the BluShark Alpha, which came cheap off fleabay.

I'm posting here as my thoughts are specific to its fitting on my Seamaster.

First impressions are very good, the strap is a little thicker than others ive tried. It doesn't slice onto my wrist as the thinner straps tend to, yet the fabric is still quite soft. The hardware is good quality and has a substantial feel to it, its also a great match to the case of my 2264.50! The keeper nearest the buckle slides over a range of about an inch which helps with folding over and tucking in the free end of the strap, which I find very useful.

Perfect? Well, perhaps not quite. If the section of strap that runs under the watch head (but not under the spring bars) were only 5mm longer, then the buckle would sit dead centre under my wrist without the keeper being hard up against the lugs. Of course wrists vary; mine is 6.75". Apart from that it's probably the best I've tried so far

How this would compare against the Genuine Omega version, I don't know, and I'm not sure for the extra $$$ I want to find out; well, for now at least!
20181214_132707_1544795015644.jpg
20181214_125722_1544795076552.jpg 20181214_125700_1544795130507.jpg 20181214_125758_1544795207297.jpg 20181214_125855_1544795248812.jpg

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I've always been a big fan of the Blushark Alphashark line. Great quality and the Buy-2 Get-1 is too hard to pass up.

I have one on my Speedmaster, which has the same lug width.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'm actually not a huge fan of my Blushark straps. I ordered several before I realised that. I find them all a bit 'dressy' - the webbing is a bit shiny, and somehow even the brushed hardware manages to sparkle in an expensive way.

I'm mating them with tool watches though, if I had a nice 'sporty' luxury watch that I was keeping shiny I'd be all over them.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I'm actually not a huge fan of my Blushark straps. I ordered several before I realised that. I find them all a bit 'dressy' - the webbing is a bit shiny, and somehow even the brushed hardware manages to sparkle in an expensive way.

I'm mating them with tool watches though, if I had a nice 'sporty' luxury watch that I was keeping shiny I'd be all over them.
I can see that. Haveston might be your thing.

·
Registered
12,610 Posts
I have done aftermarket straps rubber and leather on all of my Omega watches (Speedy, Seamaster, MKII) and prefer them over the bracelets. Just personal preference. I like the color combo you have there.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi There!

I've a bit of a love, hate thing going on with NATO straps; I love the look and concept, Hate the confort. Well hate is a bit strong, so let's say I've never found them all that comfortable.

First impressions are very good, the strap is a little thicker than others ive tried. It doesn't slice onto my wrist as the thinner straps tend to, yet the fabric is still quite soft. The hardware is good quality and has a substantial feel to it, its also a great match to the case of my 2264.50! The keeper nearest the buckle slides over a range of about an inch which helps with folding over and tucking in the free end of the strap, which I find very useful.

Perfect? Well, perhaps not quite. If the section of strap that runs under the watch head (but not under the spring bars) were only 5mm longer, then the buckle would sit dead centre under my wrist without the keeper being hard up against the lugs. Of course wrists vary; mine is 6.75". Apart from that it's probably the best I've tried so far

How this would compare against the Genuine Omega version, I don't know, and I'm not sure for the extra $$$ I want to find out; well, for now at least!
From these pictures, it appears that the proximal strap edge is fraying a bit. Optical illusion?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi There!

From these pictures, it appears that the proximal strap edge is fraying a bit. Optical illusion?
Totally.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Blushark makes a very nice Nato. I find the basic straps more to my liking versus the higher end made out of some sort of seatbelt material. Another member mentioned the shine on the straps and I find that to be true with the higher end Blushark. Overall, very nice materials and robust buckles and keepers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks good! I have a big wrist, and the official omega leather band with butterfly clasp is way too small for me, so I've been buying NATO straps, and they are so cool. It's like having a new watch (almost) every time I change them out. I haven't bought the Blushark brand yet, but am tempted by their buy 2 get one free offer. The nato I posted with the picture of my new pro.moonwatch is a cheap 10 dollar one from Ebay. so far, I like it. Has anyone tried the Moose brand straps yet?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts