WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shouldn’t have done it but I finally went ahead and bought another BM6400-00e! I say another as I actually bought this on line in January 2014 but sent it back when the second hand did not match up with the minute markers..or should I say did not match up enough for me to live with it. I expressed my frustration here;

https://www.watchuseek.com/f21/poll...es-second-hand-hit-minute-markers-976409.html

But it would not go away … the watch has haunted me since then. And it looks like it might be discontinued anytime soon. (I noticed that the BM6400-69e is no longer around – which would have been my preferred choice).

As the pull of the watch was so strong and it is relatively cheap and I thought / think it might be discontinued soon - I got myself around to thinking that I would just have to learn to live with the second hand not hitting the markers (especially annoying at the 12 spot!).

Opened the box and looked – second hand hitting the markers – result! and the realisation that it might not have been so easy to live with it had they not. That’s 3 out of three of my eco drives that have the second hand hitting the markers bang on (or pretty much).

Anyway well pleased and looking forward to changing the strap.

2014-09-13 04.51.20.jpg

2014-09-13 04.50.34.jpg

2014-09-10 22.08.05.jpg

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Mine is a favorite work watch. I beat the heck out of it, so I'm glad I'm not so particular (although upon quick inspection my seconds hand seems well aligned, now that you have me thinking about it.) It says hello!

CitiBM6400lume.JPG

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Glad you got one to your liking, as I believe Citizen has inexplicably discontinued this model. Wearing mine now, and my second hand hits the minute markers as well. :)

Reactions: Munchie

·
Registered
292 Posts
Very nice M... Congratulations! :-d

I wear mine often and it's held up well. Here's a couple of strap idea shots for you as well. (the stock one is pretty good though IMO)

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I bought a bracelet directly from Citizen for my BM6400. I don't wear it much but every time I go to photograph it in order to put it up for sale, I end up talking myself into keeping it because it's such a great watch with the simplicity and lume I love in watches. That happens with many of my Citizen Eco-Drive watches.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought a bracelet directly from Citizen for my BM6400. I don't wear it much but every time I go to photograph it in order to put it up for sale, I end up talking myself into keeping it because it's such a great watch with the simplicity and lume I love in watches. That happens with many of my Citizen Eco-Drive watches.
Thanks for letting me know - I wasnt sure if that was possible or not - I will contact Citizen and see if there are any available - How much are they?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Thanks for letting me know - I wasnt sure if that was possible or not - I will contact Citizen and see if there are any available - How much are they?

I called their offices in Torrance Ca and ordered by phone. They charged me $79.95. That was about 2 years ago.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Good call. Don't sell it. It was always hard to find on the bracelet, on which it looks very nice. And now, well, fuggettaboudit. Only weak spot is the mineral crystal, and for mineral, it does take a beating. If you really mangle it, I believe you can scrounge up a sapphire to fit, somewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts