1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
This vendor is just fine, but why in the world would you want to be buying a Rolex from a USA on line dealer when you're in Austrailia? Jeepers, you've got all of the Asian and Austrailian and European sources without all that much hassle. Who needs that kind of headache?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This vendor is just fine, but why in the world would you want to be buying a Rolex from a USA on line dealer when you're in Austrailia? Jeepers, you've got all of the Asian and Austrailian and European sources without all that much hassle. Who needs that kind of headache?
Any other good suggestions?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
You speak of being able to acquire a pre-owned Rolex in the 'distant' future. This should be your time to investigate and learn and begin to figure out what you want without any pressure to do a deal. Start with ebay and sales forums on this and other watch-centric web sites. Learn what's selling and for what price and then figure out what's not selling at the offered price. Pay attention to the age and condition of the watch in relation to the price. Somewhere near you is probably at least one traditional store that offers pre owned Rolex watches, so pay them a visit. How about an authorized dealer that also sells used? Why not let a dealer know you're looking at pre owned and could they possibly direct you to a vendor.

You can buy wherever you wish and wherever your money spends, but to focus on dealers on faraway continents with the issues of customs and duty when you're in a place with access to countries closer that can and will ship to you relatively painlessly just seems silly to me. Focus closer to your home. You've got the time. You're presumably saving the money. Put both to your advantage.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
You can buy wherever you wish and wherever your money spends, but to focus on dealers on faraway continents with the issues of customs and duty when you're in a place with access to countries closer that can and will ship to you relatively painlessly just seems silly to me. Focus closer to your home. You've got the time. You're presumably saving the money. Put both to your advantage.
Good advice, here.

mike.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You speak of being able to acquire a pre-owned Rolex in the 'distant' future. This should be your time to investigate and learn and begin to figure out what you want without any pressure to do a deal. Start with ebay and sales forums on this and other watch-centric web sites. Learn what's selling and for what price and then figure out what's not selling at the offered price. Pay attention to the age and condition of the watch in relation to the price. Somewhere near you is probably at least one traditional store that offers pre owned Rolex watches, so pay them a visit. How about an authorized dealer that also sells used? Why not let a dealer know you're looking at pre owned and could they possibly direct you to a vendor.

This is some of the best advise I've had since joining WUS. Now that I know what to look out for the hunt can begin. Thanks mate.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts