WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just a random question...I'm the proud recent owner of a Boldr Voyager Mediterranean watch. Funny things is lately everyone who notices it assumes its a Rolex or its trying to be a Rolex. Just thought i'd ask what do you guys think about the watch, has it completely taken inspiration of Rolex..its not a homage piece in any way but what is trying to be?

Do you think in terms of design its dull with creativity?

Personally I love the watch and I do like the attention its getting but it does kinda suck when others think its trying to be something its not.

Let me know what you think?
IMG_20190526_145735.jpg
IMG_20190526_140928.jpg IMG_20190529_212055.jpg

·
Registered
31,387 Posts
Doesn’t look anything like a Rolex to me!!

It has its own style, and a fabulous dial!!

Congratulations, enjoy it.

Reactions: Simon and Savi92

·
Banned
7,741 Posts
It’s a nice watch but looks nothing like any Rolex I know of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It doesn’t but the case shape and bezel is a bit reminiscent of the older modelled GMT and subs.

Nice watch, enjoy
I really think its cause of the case shape also though the brass bezel is unique compared to Rolex.

Thanks though I am really enjoying it.

Its beautiful to look at.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not even close.

Some people might need to upgrade theirs glasses :)
haha I think they do also haha...some do get stunned when they get a closer look and I have to explain to them. Others just go its like a Rolex though right?

And i'm like no not at all.

lol end up explaining the differences.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just ignore them... Unless they are hot, then use to your advantage!

Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk
hahaha will keep that in mind haha appreciate the watch appreciation you've been giving :D... that would have worked to my advantage if I had bought the watch before i got married haha

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
I suspect the average non-watch person knows of about three watches: cheap plastic digital, which invariably gets called Casio, Timex, or just a “digital watch”; a “I don’t know what it is” watch; and Rolex. Which means they often lump whatever they see into one of the few categories they know.

It’s like a non-car person seeing a Koenigsegg.

“Is that a Ferrari?”
“Lamborghini?”

No, not at all. But if those are the only two exotic cars they know, then it might as well be.

·
Premium Member
10,697 Posts
I suspect the average non-watch person knows of about three watches: cheap plastic digital, which invariably gets called Casio, Timex, or just a “digital watch”; a “I don’t know what it is” watch; and Rolex. Which means they often lump whatever they see into one of the few categories they know.

It’s like a non-car person seeing a Koenigsegg.

“Is that a Ferrari?”
“Lamborghini?”

No, not at all. But if those are the only two exotic cars they know, then it might as well be.
Nice car... is it the new Honda nxs... or sxn... Oh, it's rsn, how stupid of me, it's written on the rear triangle o|

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Looks nothing like a Rolex. To the public in general everything looks like a Rolex. It like the only watch company people know.

I was wearing a Seiko Turtle recently and a guy asked is that a Rolex or Invicta. I had to explain Seiko to him. Then he though Seiko was a Swiss company.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
When people ask you if it's a Rolex, tell them no,but ask what model of Rolex are you referring to..then you'll see if these people have half a brain... anyway it's a good looking watch, wear it in good health

1 - 20 of 62 Posts