WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

161 - 180 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
The faux patina craze is getting a bit out of hand haha. But it's actually a really nice looking watch, love the symbol at the bottom of the dial, and the lume on the bezel is sexy. It has a HUGE pricetag though. $13kAUD at RRP here in Aus, don't know if I could stomach that, even with a discount.

Still, really nice looking watch

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
The faux patina craze is getting a bit out of hand haha. But it's actually a really nice looking watch, love the symbol at the bottom of the dial, and the lume on the bezel is sexy. It has a HUGE pricetag though. $13kAUD at RRP here in Aus, don't know if I could stomach that, even with a discount.

Still, really nice looking watch
Unless anyone is in a rush to get it, the best is to get it preowned to avoid paying the full price. And since its not a limited edition, the price will surely depreciate over time.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Unless anyone is in a rush to get it, the best is to get it preowned to avoid paying the full price. And since its not a limited edition, the price will surely depreciate over time.
Even then, other pre-owned SMPs will be available for a discount too. So the watch will still be too expensive for what it is.

This watch is more expensive than an SMP titanium chronograph and Planet Ocean titanium.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
I am torn between shelling out £7k for this or keeping this one and just letting it age.

The issue I have with this new Bond watch is it’s an SMP but they seem to be passing this watch off as a military issue tool watch (with the crows foot and serial numbers on the back. If so like my SM300 it would be better served with broad arrow hands and serrated bezel not escaloped (a real requirement for diving or when wearing gloves). If it had been close to the black SMP of yester year I may have been sold.

I will wait to see it in person but may get the Ti mesh for my TI PO’s to mix it up a bit.

Cheers
Baz, keep the SM300 and don’t worry about this new one. Yes, as a fellow Bond fan, I understand the allure of this new model, but it seems to be a missed opportunity in some ways to create a definitive Bond watch. Should have had sword hands;

099AD3EF-6258-44FA-813C-31B63D1A2753.jpeg

Sure, the Brosnan Bond watch design has been strong over the years, but Genta’s bezel design has dated somewhat, as have the skeleton hands. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a classic design, but it does smack of the ‘90s. I’m certain that Universal Geneve used similar handsets on a watch from around 1991, if memory serves.

Yes, keep the SM300 and spend another six or twelve months mulling over this new Bond watch.
If you must.

34D57E3D-822B-4D3B-85B8-37E12D513897.jpeg

·
Premium Member
Tudor Pelagos Blue
294 Posts
Baz, keep the SM300 and don’t worry about this new one. Yes, as a fellow Bond fan, I understand the allure of this new model, but it seems to be a missed opportunity in some ways to create a definitive Bond watch. Should have had sword hands;

View attachment 14688439

Sure, the Brosnan Bond watch design has been strong over the years, but Genta’s bezel design has dated somewhat, as have the skeleton hands. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a classic design, but it does smack of the ‘90s. I’m certain that Universal Geneve used similar handsets on a watch from around 1991, if memory serves.

Yes, keep the SM300 and spend another six or twelve months mulling over this new Bond watch.
If you must.

View attachment 14688447
For some reason this reminds me of a Doxa Sub 200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,279 Posts
The more I look at this watch, the more I appreciate the 300mc. No date, matte dial, however, the color of the aged lume appears more creamy and less orange. Additionally, the bezel uses a silver font and the smaller numerals which gives it a more classic look. The font on the SMP feels appears very modern and, for me, creates a conflict with the vintage colored lume. I still think it's a cool watch, however, I am very quite satisfied with the 300mc I already own.

SM300 01.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
The more I look at this watch, the more I appreciate the 300mc. No date, matte dial, however, the color of the aged lume appears more creamy and less orange. Additionally, the bezel uses a silver font and the smaller numerals which gives it a more classic look. The font on the SMP feels appears very modern and, for me, creates a conflict with the vintage colored lume. I still think it's a cool watch, however, I am very quite satisfied with the 300mc I already own.

View attachment 14689583
It also seems to be the better “Bond” watch. I think Omega hit it out of the park with the Spectre version (I’m super biased because I own one, but it’s just such a versatile piece for a “tool” watch).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Perseus

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
It also seems to be the better “Bond” watch. I think Omega hit it out of the park with the Spectre version (I’m super biased because I own one, but it’s just such a versatile piece for a “tool” watch).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Best Bond watch is still the original. Rather unique they promoted the Quartz

goldeneye_omega_pierce.jpg

·
Registered
3,606 Posts

View attachment 14689583
I love that watch. Its stunning in all its variants. Bit of retro to it without trying too hard. Neutral look so great for an every day watch, accurate, bomb proof etc. Ive tried it on a few times and it looks terrible on my wrist. I like larger watches but I think it must be the long lugs on this watch that make it look weird on me as my wrist is more rounded than flat. I was gutted. I was very tempted with a 2 tone version a few weeks ago. Steel and gold shouldn't work on a watch like this but it does.

·
Premium Member
8,867 Posts
Nice Pelikan

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
^^^This is the watch that set it all in motion. It will always be the most thought of with the Bond and Omega connection. It’s also the most universally accepted in the Bond association.

·
6,880 Posts
Like the design, but don't get the grade 2 Ti and the price tag...yikes!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Personally, not a fan of this release. Too many other models in Omega and even outside Omega that look similar already. Almost doesn't seem to have a uniqueness like the previous Bond watches.....either that or I'm too biased to my 2531.80 Bond watch. It looks nice but for less than $500, you can get a Glycine that almost looks exactly like it....not counting the black and gold Seamaster that looks similar. I know there are some Bond specific nuggets on the watch, but still too light on distinction or separation in my opinion. And for that price....I'll pass.....

161 - 180 of 333 Posts