WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a solution for taking vertical down shots, not just of watches, but insects etc.....need some type of boom for the manfrotto, I'm not a pro, so reasonably priced, but steady enough for manual focus/low shutter speed macro shots?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Interested to see any suggestion for this as well. Most of higher end tripods can be used with the center column in horizontal mode. But the extension is quite limited. In studio we have column stand with arm. But on the field I can't think of any solution yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looking for a solution for taking vertical down shots, not just of watches, but insects etc.....need some type of boom for the manfrotto, I'm not a pro, so reasonably priced, but steady enough for manual focus/low shutter speed macro shots?
Manfrotto 055 has the centre column that flips over to 90 degrees. Its what I use for most of my overviews.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I use the same one as listed above. get a great head though, I went a little small and my D7000 and 80 mm macro is a bit heavy for it.. Buy once cry once

·
Registered
538 Posts
Are you taking pics of live critters? How would you have time to get the clunky rig set up at the right angle before it moves? They usually will be moving all over the place and you would need to adjust quickly, so I would just go hand held. You will often mis-focus at such narrow DOF so take lots of shots & at different angles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts