WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just purchased an inexpensive ($40) new Casio Waveceptor Tough Solar watch. I plan to use it while running, and to set my automatic watches. I normally use time.gov. My Casio has synced several times and is normally 1 minute faster than time.gov. What gives? My pc has a fast (ATT Uverse) connection.

·
Registered
320 Posts
So, I just purchased an inexpensive ($40) new Casio Waveceptor Tough Solar watch. I plan to use it while running, and to set my automatic watches. I normally use time.gov. My Casio has synced several times and is normally 1 minute faster than time.gov. What gives? My pc has a fast (ATT Uverse) connection.
Please read about manual handsetting function of the watch in the manual.
Adjust hands (if present) to synchronized digital time.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please read about manual handsetting function of the watch in the manual.
Adjust hands (if present) to synchronized digital time.
It is a digital watch. I'm simply trying to establish which is more accurate, the Casio (presumably synced with the Atomic clock in Colorado) or time.gov? Could time.gov have some serious lag? Does time.gov also use the Colorado atomic clock?

·
Registered
320 Posts
It is a digital watch. I'm simply trying to establish which is more accurate, the Casio (presumably synced with the Atomic clock in Colorado) or time.gov? Could time.gov have some serious lag? Does time.gov also use the Colorado atomic clock?
I have never had any issues with my 2 Waweceptors. They synchronize perfectly with DCF77 signal in Germany.

I'm convinced time.gov and Colorado atomic clocks are comparable as to their accuracy.

There might be something wrong with your watch or time function of computer.

Would you please try this site: http://www.uhrzeit.org/atomuhr.html

It's perfect. Sure you have to remember of whole hours difference, depending on your location. Minutes and seconds will be exacttly the same.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have never had any issues with my 2 Waweceptors. They synchronize perfectly with DCF77 signal in Germany.

I'm convinced time.gov and Colorado atomic clocks are comparable as to their accuracy.

There might be something wrong with your watch or time function of computer.

Would you please try this site: http://www.uhrzeit.org/atomuhr.html

It's perfect. Sure you have to remember of whole hours difference, depending on your location. Minutes and seconds will be exacttly the same.

Thanks for the link. I will compare this to www.time.gov when I get home tonight. My work computer's firewall or proxy server blocks time.gov. I did notice that the watches in the WUS banner above match up exactly with your link. Interesting..... Guess I can use the banner to set my watches.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
most likely your computer is off, update the time on your PC just before you check it. I've seen mine lose 15 s in a matter of minutes if I have a lot of programs open.

·
Registered
320 Posts

Does your Waveceptor have signal strenght indicator ?
How strong is signal when synchronizing ?

Seems there is something wrong with this watch.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It said L3 or L2 when updating, which is a strong signal according to the manual. Should I see if there is a way to reset to factory settings in the manual?

·
Registered
320 Posts
It said L3 or L2 when updating, which is a strong signal according to the manual. Should I see if there is a way to reset to factory settings in the manual?
L3 and L2 is sufficiently strong to properly synchronize.

What is module number (written on backplate), may be I may find a clou ?

·
Registered
320 Posts
There were problems with NIST time service. Read this:

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=376343

1 - 13 of 13 Posts