WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning my Bulova Lunar Pilot HAQ for a year or so and coming to understand the fundamental satisfaction that comes with precision accuracy, I sold off a couple of my Seiko automatics and picked up a Certina DS8 Precidrive Moonphase chronograph (C033.450.11.041.00) last week. While I'm still in the honeymoon phase, -- given that it just arrived a couple days ago -- I am absolutely in love with this watch.

I'd been wanting a nicely-styled chronograph with a blue dial for some time, and given that my affection lately has been for HAQs, I was looking at the new Longines VHP, but just couldn't justify the $1500'ish tag on it. When looking at the Certina DS2 (the one w/ red or green accents, but black dial) and researching their Precidrive, I happened to stumble upon the DS8 and was instantly taken by it. It had everthing I wanted: HAQ, blue dial with clean design, no diver bezel (have become a bit weary of that look), bracelet, etc. -- and that Moonphase function, something I never even would have thought about, was the icing on the cake...I just love its functional and visual inclusion. I don't know if there are any other Moonphase HAQs out there, but it's minimally uncommon if not completely unique, which gives it a nice distinct character and cache.

Here's a shot of it upon receipt...forgive the plastic wrappings still on it, I'm letting it run for a few days before taking the wrappings off and having the bracelet sized, just to confirm proper function. I'll post a few much nicer shots of it later in the week once it's sized.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts